New Reolink Wired POE Doorbell Cam ?

Reaction score
Wonder if there is something ReoLink did to the newer DBs to stop third party Chimes
they changed the frequency from 433 to 900 MHz, supposedly longer reach it's obvious they didn't want 3rd party chimes.. this wouldn't be so bad, i mean they have their right to close their system if they want, but they don't offer additional chimes.. if you want one you pretty much have to purchase a new doorbell :(

oh and, if you want to buy another doorbell to have a second chime, make sure you buy with the right chime either v1 or V2.

Reaction score
I just saw the posts about 3rd party chimes. I have successfully paired two of the below chimes from Amazon. Slight issue with one of them, it will not save the chime sound when I try to change it, keeps reverting back to the siren. My Reolink firmware is v3.0.0.2033_23041300, hardware DB_566128M5MP_W . (I didn't use the doorbell button that came with the Amazon kit)

View attachment 194064
did your camera came with the chime v2 originally or with the chime v2?
Uh oh. This Reddit thread suggests that the newer Reolink doorbells units are now using 900 MHz RF to connect to chimes, linking out to this Home Assistant thread with more details:

Anyone know how my two units' reported "Hardware No. DB_566128M5MP_P" from the Reolink web UI maps to this version number?
View attachment 193151

here is my HW info, and i confirm that mine came with a chime 2 and does not work with the programable 433 MHz chimes

Info.png

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
did your camera came with the chime v2 originally or with the chime v2?

here is my HW info, and i confirm that mine came with a chime 2 and does not work with the programable 433 MHz chimes

View attachment 194355
fenderman, who has successfully paired with 3rd-party, 433 MHz chimes, reports DB_566128M5MP_P, which is the same as mine, which is the same as yours, except for the trailing P/W, which I assume is for POE/WiFi.

I hope this isn't one of those frustrating situations where a company changes the hardware, but doesn't change the reported hardware ID.

Is Chime v2 visibly different from the previous chime? How does one tell?

Reaction score
I just saw the posts about 3rd party chimes. I have successfully paired two of the below chimes from Amazon. Slight issue with one of them, it will not save the chime sound when I try to change it, keeps reverting back to the siren. My Reolink firmware is v3.0.0.2033_23041300, hardware DB_566128M5MP_W . (I didn't use the doorbell button that came with the Amazon kit)

View attachment 194064

Interesting, I bought exactly the same KERUI chimes and got the same HW version that you have (DB_566128M5MP_W ).... but i am failing miserably to pair them... i think i'm doing the right process, pushing the volume and + buttons together to make it enter into the program mode, i can delet and re-add their transmiter, but not the reolink doorbell....

am I doing something wrong?

otherwise, could you please confirm if the doorbell was paired with a reolink chime V1 or a v2? i am wondering what makes the difference, for the doorbell to transmit... maybe it is the chime that was last paired to it? because it seems like my reolink is transmitting at 433 mhz...
it could also be the firmware, Mine has the v3.0.0.3215_2401262240 ... wondering if that's it... alas i have nowhere from where to get that FW to test :(

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
fenderman, who has successfully paired with 3rd-party, 433 MHz chimes, reports DB_566128M5MP_P, which is the same as mine, which is the same as yours, except for the trailing P/W, which I assume is for POE/WiFi.

I hope this isn't one of those frustrating situations where a company changes the hardware, but doesn't change the reported hardware ID.

Is Chime v2 visibly different from the previous chime? How does one tell?
the label of the chime says "Hardware V2" in my chime:

chime v2.jpeg

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Uh oh. This Reddit thread suggests that the newer Reolink doorbells units are now using 900 MHz RF to connect to chimes, linking out to this Home Assistant thread with more details:
I did a little sleuthing and googled for "reolink FCC", which returns a list of their recent filings, and then looked at every filing since late 2022. The filings don't have the model in the title, but I found two filings for doorbells (by looking at the External Photos) and then opened their Test Reports text-searched for "MHz:"

The Sep. 28, 2022 Test Report from their 2022-12-15 filing (Final Action Date) lists an Operation Frequency of 433.92MHz:

1715387469461.png

whereas the 2024-03-11 report from their 2024-03-21 filing lists an Operation Frequency of 915 MHz:

1715387542059.png

So this is consistent with them changing the chime frequency and locking out 3rd-party chimes.

It's not proof, but it's corroborating evidence.

edit: Hah. I didn't even have to look that hard. The header of each filing shows the frequency range:

1715387958558.png

Reaction score
I did a little sleuthing and googled for "reolink FCC", which returns a list of their recent filings, and then looked at every filing since late 2022. The filings don't have the model in the title, but I found two filings for doorbells (by looking at the External Photos) and then opened their Test Reports text-searched for "MHz:"

The Sep. 28, 2022 report lists an Operation Frequency of 433.92MHz:

View attachment 194359

whereas the 2024-03-11 report lists an Operation Frequency of 915 MHz:

View attachment 194360

So this is consistent with them changing the chime frequency and locking out 3rd-party chimes.

WOW, man you really are a detective! :) great job!

Alas, I would for now accept this as valid proof :( I think this pretty much confirms that there are two versions under the same HW model they are listing, and only one frequency operates on each version.

this means that even if your cam fails, if you get a new one, chances are even your very reolink chime will not work with the new one :(

Reaction score

The Sep. 28, 2022 Test Report from their 2022-12-15 filing (Final Action Date) lists an Operation Frequency of 433.92MHz:

View attachment 194359

whereas the 2024-03-11 report from their 2024-03-21 filing lists an Operation Frequency of 915 MHz:

View attachment 194360

edit: Hah. I didn't even have to look that hard. The header of each filing shows the frequency range:

View attachment 194361

well that settles it....
i guess now it's up to our hardworking electronic friend to come up with some circuit to connect to the 24 chime but instead of using 433Mhz, using a 915MHz receiver...

perhaps this one with an Arduino, or maybe this one is closer to the solutions that already are out there?

Last edited: