No remote access through OpenVPN

FTTBay

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been accessing Blue Iris for the past two years through an OpenVPN server on my TP-Link Omada R605 router, I use the OpenVPN for iPhone app along with the Blue Iris Mobile App. About two weeks ago, I suddenly lost remote access to Blue Iris. I had not updated anything at the time that I lost access and do not have any auto updates set up. I have updated Blue Iris a few times since. I can access Blue Iris on all my devices through the LAN. I have deleted and reinstalled the OpenVPN server several times and have checked settings on my mobile apps, router, and Blue Iris machine and don't see anything unusual. When I activate OpenVPN on my iPhone, it is showing that I have a connection. I port forwarded briefly on my router to Blue Iris and was able to obtain remote access without using the VPN, but removed it shortly after. I tried out ZeroTier briefly and found that there was more lag activating it than what I was used to with OpenVPN, but will keep it as an option. Are there some places I should be looking that would have caused the loss of remote access to Blue Iris while using OpenVPN?

Update Issue has been resolved. I found out on the TP-Link forum that there had been an issue between this router and OpenVPN. I followed the advice and opened the OpenVPN certificate in Notepad and edited a single word in the text before forwarding to my phone for installation. I remember now that I recently did a router firmware update around the same time the issue occurred, which probably created the issue with the existing certificate.

Last edited: