Plugin ruined my ability to view in browser

zorro1347

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I got a notice while in my admin site that a plugin is available to download. I downloaded it and ever since, I can neither view the stream in Chrome nor Edge. They both worked before this.

Strangely, I also can not find the plugin anywhere (Uninstall a Program).

The camera does work on Blue Iris and my other laptop, but no longer in browser. Why is this ? How can i fix it?

Thank you!

flynreelow

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello, I got a notice while in my admin site that a plugin is available to download. I downloaded it and ever since, I can neither view the stream in Chrome nor Edge. They both worked before this.

Strangely, I also can not find the plugin anywhere (Uninstall a Program).

The camera does work on Blue Iris and my other laptop, but no longer in browser. Why is this ? How can i fix it?

Thank you!
try pale moon browser or waterfox browser

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a program so there is nothing to uninstall. And as I mentioned in your other thread, that plug-in is for Explorer, so try Explorer.

But the plugin is an extension, so under browser settings, look for extensions or add-ons and that is where this is and delete it there.

zorro1347

n3wb
Reaction score
It's not a program so there is nothing to uninstall. And as I mentioned in your other thread, that plug-in is for Explorer, so try Explorer.

But the plugin is an extension, so under browser settings, look for extensions or add-ons and that is where this is and delete it there.

Thank you for your response. I have windows 11 and it does not have explorer (or atleast i dont believe it does) . It just has Edge and i had downloaded Chrome. Chrome only lists the Chrome extensions i downloaded under it.

zorro1347

n3wb
Reaction score

Actually scratch that, I found a backdoor into IE on my computer. But Addons only had 4 items 3 published by Microsoft and 1 by VLC all older.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep Win 11 still has IE baked in.

Open up Notepad and Copy this text below in the blank space and do a save as IE.vbs and make it a shortcut on your desktop and then plain ole Internet Explorer will run again.

CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true

Try deleting cache from Chrome or Edge and see if it works again. Or delete the browser and re-add.