What is your NVR5208-EI / NVR52XX-XXP-XXX Network Total Bandwidth?

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just want to compare notes with other 5 series AI (WizSense) owners on here about your NVR's total bandwidth.

Spec sheet says, "AI Disabled: 384 Mbps...AI Enabled: 200 Mbps...Security Baseline V2.4"

Mine shows "Remaining Bandwidth / Total Bandwidth: 220.62 Mbps / 236.00 Mbps with the following setup:

4 cameras (2 HD Amcrest and 2 5231R-Z)
NVR: AI Mode disabled; Smart Plan IVS enabled
5231 Cams: Smart Plan IVS enabled

** NVR Firmware when bought: V4.000.0000000.2.R ; Security Baseline V2.3 **

Was advised by Andy to upgrade the firmware to V4.003.0000000.0.R, so I did. Now, Security Baseline is V2.4 (as advertised) but the total bandwidth is still the same. Whatever happened to the stated 384 Mbps is totally beyond me. Anyone care to explain this?

Thanks.

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
I have an NVR5216-I. This '-I' model is older than your '-EI'.
Before an update it was strictly showing 200mbps max while I had AI by device enabled.
After an update; I have AI by device enabled and it shows the full 328.8mbps available. Datasheet says the max available without AI enabled is 320mbps.
Weird.

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an NVR5216-I. This '-I' model is older than your '-EI'.
Before an update it was strictly showing 200mbps max while I had AI by device enabled.
After an update; I have AI by device enabled and it shows the full 328.8mbps available. Datasheet says the max available without AI enabled is 320mbps.
Weird.
It sure is. That 328.8 is pretty much in line with the quoted 320. But what is very strange is that you already had AI enabled. Disabled, your total bandwidth would’ve probably gone up…at least in theory. Have you ever tried disabling it?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Spec sheet says, "AI Disabled: 384 Mbps...AI Enabled: 200 Mbps...Security Baseline V2.4"

Mine shows "Remaining Bandwidth / Total Bandwidth: 220.62 Mbps / 236.00 Mbps with the following setup:

Disable AcuPick (Local tab in the same screen where You disable AI mode on NVR)...
AcuPick is alternative AI mode on 5xxx-EI (it uses processor power and bandwidth)..
Then You will get 320 Mbps back..

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Disable AcuPick (Local tab in the same screen where You disable AI mode on NVR)...
AcuPick is alternative AI mode on 5xxx-EI (it uses processor power and bandwidth)..
Appreciate the response, Steve, but there is no way I can disable AcuPick and AI Mode at the same time. On the Recorder tab (what you call it 'Local') you only get to tick one or the other -- it's basically like a toggle switch.

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm running most AI functions of the NVR.
Facial recognition, video metadata and IVS rules.
My NVR doesn't have the 'acupick'.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You said

IVS IS AI, so I would expect your NVR to have about 200-220 Mbps left

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score

IVS IS AI, so I would expect your NVR to have about 200-220 Mbps left
'AI by device' is the NVR doing AI processing.
Selecting an IVS plan is the camera's own AI processing. The camera's AI can be enabled and that should not limit NVRs decoding.

Data sheets of these NVRs state a number such as '4 ch facial recognition by device' and '16ch facial recognition by camera'.
In that case, 16ch could have facial recognition if all 16 cameras had that AI feature.
1716173581259.png

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agreed, I just thought by the way he put that he was enabling Smart Plan/IVS on the NVR

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Agreed, I just thought by the way he put that he was enabling Smart Plan/IVS on the NVR
Well If I didn't enable Smart Plan/IVS on the recorder, how does SP/IVS on the cameras get pushed to the NVR?

There must be something, NVR-side, that limits my total bandwidth to 236 Mbps and I wouldn't rule out a bug in the firmware. I just hope it doesn't get to that.

I already disabled Smart Plan/IVS on the NVR (i.e. Smart Plan light bulb deactivated and unticked all tripwire/intrusion check boxes). Still no change.

Mark_M

Known around here
Reaction score
Well If I didn't enable Smart Plan/IVS on the recorder, how does SP/IVS on the cameras get pushed to the NVR?
Smart plan setting on the NVR just passes it onto the Dahua camera. Then the camera does that AI plan.

The only 'AI by NVR' is any functions enabled with 'AI by recorder'.
As far as I know, there isn't a "smart plan" to enable the NVR AI functions. It's only if a rule is ticked/enabled.
E.g; AI by NVR IVS is disabled for this camera.
1716184067250.png

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Smart plan setting on the NVR just passes it onto the Dahua camera. Then the camera does that AI plan.
At first I thought it goes from the camera to the NVR. Now you're saying the Smart Plan passes from the NVR to the camera. Hmmm...

I just disabled Smart Plan/IVS on both cameras and the NVR and still nothing has changed. :(

Last place to check would be the LAN port on the NVR, cable or the switch.

Thanks for chiming in..will keep you guys posted.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At first I thought it goes from the camera to the NVR. Now you're saying the Smart Plan passes from the NVR to the camera. Hmmm...

I just disabled Smart Plan/IVS on both cameras and the NVR and still nothing has changed. :(

Last place to check would be the LAN port on the NVR, cable or the switch.
SmartPlan is for cam.. not for NVR.. It chooses which AI function is done on camera (usually cams supports only one at a time).. and You must choose proper one You want to run on each cam (like IVS)..

Then You must disable (or move to the cam) each AI function You turned on on NVR. If you will go to any AI -> parameters -> IVS/SMD/Face detection (what AI functions You used) then on each chanel (camera) you must change type from AI by Recorder to AI by camera. Or disable that function per chanel (camera).

Please be aware that You can only move to camera functions which are included in selected SmartPlan. Usually if You select IVS then You can use both IVS and SMD..

Plus in AI -> parameters -> smart plan -> local disable AcuPick function (if it is turned on)...

After all reboot NVR and You should see full bandwidth.. If not - it means there are somewhere turned on any AI function done on Recorder..

Sometimes internal configuration of NVR can go wrong and it will not return full bandwidth - then the only solution is to default configuration to factory one (it will erase all configuration done on NVR - so You must add all cams one more time)...

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Appreciate the response, Steve, but there is no way I can disable AcuPick and AI Mode at the same time. On the Recorder tab (what you call it 'Local') you only get to tick one or the other -- it's basically like a toggle switch.
global AI mode should be enabled (it disables AcuPick)..
Simply don't use any AI function with type set to AI by Recorder on any chanel..

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
global AI mode should be enabled (it disables AcuPick)..
Simply don't use any AI function with type set to AI by Recorder on any chanel..
I appreciate the explanation and the lengthy post but I don’t have some of the menus you’re talking about like Global AI Mode, AI by Recorder, etc.. Your NVR might be different than mine.

And yes, I did default everything back to factory settings and added the cameras once again after I upgraded the firmware. Still had no luck.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ll have to get one of these to play with. My rule on non-AI enabled NVRs has always been to make ALL settings that can be made on the camera, On the Camera GUI, not the NVR GUI.
When making camera setting changes on the NVR, I’ve found it will mess things up often. Not to mention that the NVR rarely if ever has all of the options/menu choices that the camera has.

Reactions: Tic

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I appreciate the explanation and the lengthy post but I don’t have some of the menus you’re talking about like Global AI Mode, AI by Recorder, etc.. Your NVR might be different than mine.

And yes, I did default everything back to factory settings and added the cameras once again after I upgraded the firmware. Still had no luck.
Do you have 5xxx-EI (on some markets called 5xxx-AI) NVR? if yes, you have that option in AI -> parameters -> smart plan -> Local tab (tab in upper part of screen):

Screenshot 2024-05-20 at 13.35.11.png

You must select here AI mode..

This I called global AI mode. There screens chooses one of two modes in which 5xxx-EI works: new AcuPick mode (with disabled classic local AI functions) or classic AI mode (which disables AcuPick).. This screen exists only in 5xxx-EI (due limited processing power), newer/higher models (5xxx-XI and 6xx-XI) don't have them (AcuPick works with all classic AI modes in parallel)..

AcuPick mode is enabled by default on 5xxx-EI NVRs (Dahua marketing - that models are dedicated for AcuPick cams). So all users see limited 220 Mbps bandwidth.. You are not first person on this forum which have problem with limited bandwidth on 5xxx-EI...

Tic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ll have to get one of these to play with. My rule on non-AI enabled NVRs has always been to make ALL settings that can be made on the camera, On the Camera GUI, not the NVR GUI.
When making camera setting changes on the NVR, I’ve found it will mess things up often. Not to mention that the NVR rarely if ever has all of the options/menu choices that the camera has.
I hear you and I have adopted your approach long time ago, Bud. :thumb:

Do you have 5xxx-EI (on some markets called 5xxx-AI) NVR? if yes, you have that option in AI -> parameters -> smart plan -> Local tab (tab in upper part of screen):

View attachment 194899

You must select here AI mode..

This I called global AI mode. There screens chooses one of two modes in which 5xxx-EI works: new AcuPick mode (with disabled classic local AI functions) or classic AI mode (which disables AcuPick).. This screen exists only in 5xxx-EI (due limited processing power), newer/higher models (5xxx-XI and 6xx-XI) don't have them (AcuPick works with all classic AI modes in parallel)..

AcuPick mode is enabled by default on 5xxx-EI NVRs (Dahua marketing - that models are dedicated for AcuPick cams). So all users see limited 220 Mbps bandwidth.. You are not first person on this forum which have problem with limited bandwidth on 5xxx-EI...
That screenshot is exactly what I have and what I referred to earlier as “a toggle switch.”

As with the “limited 220 Mbps bandwidth and you’re not the first person…” - wish you had said that earlier so we could cut to the chase. lol

So are you implying that the advertised ‘Network bandwidth of 384 Mbps with AI disabled’ is just a typo?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So are you implying that the advertised ‘Network bandwidth of 384 Mbps with AI disabled’ is just a typo?
No, I said that default configuration of 5xxx-EI have AcuPick enabled BY DEFAULT and this cost network bandwidth.
You must disable it plus disable of all local AI processing done on NVR in all channels (there are a lots a options in different menus) to have full 320 Mbps od bandwidth.
it is doable (I did this a few times). Also previous people who asked for that resolved this by disabling all AI/AcuPick.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ps. if you can't find what eats your bandwidth, you can try this:

• default NVR config to factory,
  • disable global AcuPick mode (select AI mode),
  • in this clean configuration You should have 320 Mbps of bandwidth,
  • simply add all cameras without configuring any AI/SMD/IVS/other camera options..
  • you should now have 320 Mbps of TOTAL bandwidth (some used for added cameras)..
  • start of Your AI/SMD/IVS configuration on NVR checking every time do you have 320 Mbps of bandwidth.. You should very easy find what operation / configuration change eats Your bandwidth..

• Love