12MP IR Bullet WizMind Network IPC-HFW71242H-ZX Camera Night tripwire video footage results

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As discussed on this forum by the experts, higher pixel resolution cameras are not as effective during the night compared to low-resolution cameras. The results are as expected. I appreciate any suggestions for improvements. However, I may not be able to test those changes soon due to my busy schedule, as I spend most of my days out of town. Rest assured, I will definitely test them out when I have the opportunity. I've noticed that neither of my camera angles is well-suited for reading license plates.

Attachments

Last edited:

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Couple of observations

1- turn off WDR at night. Use it in daytime if absolutely necessary. It creates motion blur at night especially
2- Really not as bad as I thought it would be. You just need more light. Either IR or white light. With enough light you may also be able to back off DNR just a bit

Getting a better image is 100% about light. If you cant put a lot more white light on the scene, then put a LOT of external IR on it instead. It will make a huge difference.