2N IP Force Door Intercom Module Camera use with Blue Iris - 401 Unauthorized Error

BlakeN

n3wb
Reaction score
I am a volunteer for our church and we are upgrading our phone system. The new system includes a door intercom 2N IP Force model that provides camera and ability for someone to see person at the door and release the door to let them in. We want to also route the camera stream to our Blue Iris so the activity is recorded. The camera supports multiple streams of RTSP/ONVIF. Blue Iris query sets it to generic. I get a RSTP 401 Unauthorized error. I have been able to succesfully stream the camera to VLC using rtsp:/ip_intercom_address/h264_stream and entering the credentials. I have tried many Blue Iris settings but have been unable to make it work. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am a volunteer for our church and we are upgrading our phone system. The new system includes a door intercom 2N IP Force model that provides camera and ability for someone to see person at the door and release the door to let them in. We want to also route the camera stream to our Blue Iris so the activity is recorded. The camera supports multiple streams of RTSP/ONVIF. Blue Iris query sets it to generic. I get a RSTP 401 Unauthorized error. I have been able to succesfully stream the camera to VLC using rtsp:/ip_intercom_address/h264_stream and entering the credentials. I have tried many Blue Iris settings but have been unable to make it work. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Is the VLC on the same PC as Blue Iris? Can you ping the camera?

BlakeN

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the VLC on the same PC as Blue Iris? Can you ping the camera?
Yes, had it on my network to test to take out all of the other routing variables I will have in the real system as I am crossing VLANs. VLC was not on Blue Iris but on same network. Blue Iris appeared to be able to query the camera via Find/Inspect and return parameters.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here's a couple to try. Note in the first one that the URL at upper left is HTTP, the second one is RTSP and the video stream path is after the IP address. Of course, in both sub your credentials:

BI_force 2n intercom_1.jpg

BI_force 2n intercom_2.jpg

duplo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
for 2n you need GOLD license if you want rtsp/onvif

do you have the license ?

hint: stop using 2N, this system is expensive as hell and license model add more costs

BlakeN

n3wb
Reaction score

hint: stop using 2N, this system is expensive as hell and license model add more costs
:) Thanks for the hint. Unfortunately it was the only one that our phone vendor would support for video to the phones for releasing the door. I will check on the license. Would it stream to VLC without the proper license?

BlakeN

n3wb
Reaction score

It appears the license is good. In the admin console it shows Enhanced Video = Yes under license status.

BlakeN

n3wb
Reaction score
Tried all of the above without any luck. Turns out I got it to work by turning off authentication at the camera. Camera has check box under RTSP - Anonymous Access. So it must be something with the credentials. I tried lots of combos of username and password and nothing worked with box unchecked. Box checked an no credentials at all works. I would prefer not to leave it open but our network is super locked down so we typically limit to IP, ports and protocols. No outside access to the VLAN. Any thoughts?