3 suspects follow North Texas man home from bank, try to break into car

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
camera related lessons :

Multiple cameras covering the driveway, and street .. plan for 100 ppf where the attackers car is stopped in front of the driveway, try to get straight on facial ID images - place cameras low enough for this ..

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
sketch of a daytime camera setup for this sort of scenario

remember to test your setup, this is just a sketch for a possible placement to test with ..

5 cameras .. add a couple more for night time LPR ..

original image:

1695933385836.png

5cameras-setup-driveway.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I always chuckle when I see these stories where someone goes on camera and gives their full name and shows their face and then they say "All we can tell you is this happened in North Dallas and all other details we are protecting for their safety..."

But they provided enough details for anyone to find their address and all other details....in literally minutes...

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a PERFECT illustration of how important to know where you are and what's going on around, behind and in front of you.....situational awareness.

At :16 the victim's car was likely still running when the first perp exited the left rear door of the SUV. He had a clear chance to possibly run over at least 1 of the bastids and exit to the right across his own lawn and escape....but no, he waited too long.

Sure, it's easy to armchair QB and they may have shot at him if he'd tried that but how likely is it that they would shoot him anyway if he complies?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is a PERFECT illustration of how important to know where you are and what's going on around, behind and in front of you.....situational awareness.

At :16 the victim's car was likely still running when the first perp exited the left rear door of the SUV. He had a clear chance to possibly run over at least 1 of the bastids and exit to the right across his own lawn and escape....but no, he waited too long.

Sure, it's easy to armchair QB and they may have shot at him if he'd tried that but how likely is it that they would shoot him anyway if he complies?
hmmm .. wondering if the airbag would deploy if you have a solid hit on the perp

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Maybe Texas is different, but many areas I am sure running over the perp puts you in jail. The laws are so criminal favored sometimes.

I am kinda surprised the person didn't shoot at him as he left.

goneracin

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
i would think that by the 20-21 second mark when the guns were drawn and pointed at him, any use of the car as a weapon would be justified self defense in most places, except kommiefornia and a few others maybe
Head on a swivel
we are circling the drain as a society

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Follow up ..

only one attacker was arrested, not enough resolution to ID reportedly as told by the victim ..

update: looks like they originally posted these images to find the attackers ..
1710347643198.png

Last edited:

jpc-s4

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Maybe Texas is different, but many areas I am sure running over the perp puts you in jail. The laws are so criminal favored sometimes.

I am kinda surprised the person didn't shoot at him as he left.
What I learned in an emergency vehicle operations class, if your life is being threatened (a gun pointed at you), self-defense is allowed, and it doesn't matter what weapon you use to defend yourself. Run over the bastard and do society a favor.

Yes, this was in the People's Republik, to address goneracin's concern.