4k hdmi extender

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi All

need some help with choosing the right hdmi transmitter/receiver, I have NVR in the loft with cat6 cable coming down to the living room, my previous hdmi sender/receiver went faulty so need to replace. The faulty one is 4k HD and I have seen 4k 60ghz, would this be ok to work on my tv which is pretty new 75" samsung

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It was a 4K HDMI over CAT-6 extender, not HDMI over IP, correct?
IOW, the CAT-6 ran directly from the TV to the NVR, correct?

If so, this device states "Extend 4K@60Hz up to 130 feet (40 meters) over Cat5e/6 UTP cable" and is highly rated ==>> J-Tech Digital 4K Ultra HD HDBaseT HDMI Extender Over Cat5e/6 Ethernet up to 230ft (1080P) 130ft (4K), Supports HDCP 2.2/1.4, RS232, Bi-Directional IR and PoC

EDIT: This appears to be the version available on amazon in the UK ==>> J-Tech Digital HDBaseT HDMI Extender 4K@60 420 Ultra HD Extender Over Single Cable CAT5e/6A up to 230ft (1080P) 130ft(4K) Supports HDCP 2.2/1.4, RS232, Bi-Directional IR and PoE

It is also highly rated and supports 4k@60Hz up to 130 ft. / 40m.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, yes CAT from TV to NVR, the extender you have recommended is way out of my budget, I have ordered a cheaper one hoping it will do the job for now

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Tony, yes CAT from TV to NVR, the extender you have recommended is way out of my budget, I have ordered a cheaper one hoping it will do the job for now
Certainly, as long as it will transmit the resolution @ the desired frequency and the required distance. :cool:

Amir.Idris

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, previous one went faulty as had some house work done and then receiver side got plaster in it, gave it a good clean but still would not work. Hopefully the cheap one will last a little while