Accelerating My Move from Reolink

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So far, I have replaced two out of ten of my Reolink outside camera with the EmpireTech IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 model with the plan to replace all off them when they either failed or gave me more trouble than what they were worth. Using them within BI is more trouble than they are worth. I could replace the remaining eight with the EmpireTech model but that would (mostly) be overkill. For one, I dont need to zoom on all but one of the remaining Reolink, however, I love this EmpireTech model and would go that route if I can't find a comparable camera (& cheaper) without the zoom)

The one requiring zoom (nice to have) would likely be replaced with the EmpireTech model unless someone can recommend an alternative that would be good for wildlife/bird capture.

Three of the Reolinks are inside cameras. Aside from audio, nothing fancy needed here.

The problems I am having with the Reolinks is the stutter/freezing of the image streams. I thought the problem was strictly BI related because they appeared to work fine with Reolink app running on the same PC as BI. Well it seems they only run fin using the Reolink app. Any other app I have tried has the same stutter as BI. I spent hours/days trying to debug this issue and never found an acceptable solution. So..... time to dump them

camdensnyder

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Keep an eye out for refurbished ones on Andy’s website. He updates the list every Tuesday night. Just last night he put on several of those cameras. I have bought many cameras off there and they have all been brand new looking!