Any chance of BI supporting Nvidias NVENC?

Do you think support for NVENC would be a good addition for Blue Iris?

• Yes, definitely would be great

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, we are fine as it is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Abula

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know atm it supports intels Quick Sync and its been great, have no complaints, specially for building around a intel quad and now six core, so plenty of power to sustain multiple streams and recording.

But recently i seen a lot of good results on recording, i know not in surveillance... but in capturing on pc via hdmi with obs and nvidias NVENC, streams that easily peg a 10 core can run fine on nvidia NVENC, i just think that if Blue Iris were to support NVENC we could have more flexibility, specially considering that AMD has good CPUs now.

Either way it was just a thought, hope in time we see more support toward having more alternatives.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know atm it supports intels Quick Sync and its been great, have no complaints, specially for building around a intel quad and now six core, so plenty of power to sustain multiple streams and recording.

But recently i seen a lot of good results on recording, i know not in surveillance... but in capturing on pc via hdmi with obs and nvidias NVENC, streams that easily peg a 10 core can run fine on nvidia NVENC, i just think that if Blue Iris were to support NVENC we could have more flexibility, specially considering that AMD has good CPUs now.

Either way it was just a thought, hope in time we see more support toward having more alternatives.
no...search nvidia and amd, this has been discussed ad nauseam