Any feedback on the DS-2CD4565F

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
Giday everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has installed or seen first hand the HikVision DS-2CD4564F?

I am looking at upgrading one of my cameras from a DS-2CD2132. Am looking for better image quality and having motorized varifocal would be of benefit too I think.

Any feedback on it would be greatly appreciated.
[h=1][/h]

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
What's a 4564F? Typo for 4565F? I love my 4526FWD-IZ, particularly at night, which would be its 2MP kissing cousin. It wouldn't be cheap, but mine has a MUCH better picture at night than my Axis P3364VE Lightfinder domes, my Huisun 10X PTZ, or any other of my Hikvision cameras. Daytime outdoor pictures from my 4MP 3345I are more detailed than the 2MP 4526 Darkfighter but I've seen nothing better at night.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
You can't go wrong with a Hikvision camera that has 1/1.8 sensor

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
Apologies for the typo. Yes its the DS-2CD4565F I am looking at getting.

Would it be fair to expect a better picture quality from the 3mp 2132 to the 6mp 4565?

Its more for when reviewing footage, if I need to zoom (digital) say a max 30% of the image to get a licence plate or similar, would be 4565 be worth the additional cost?

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
The 4565 will have a much better picture with more detail than the 2132.

At night, my 4526 is at least as much an upgrade over the 3mp Hikvisions as my 1.3mp Axis 3364VE Lightfinders were over analog CNB Mona Lisa chipset domes and they were considered quite good at night. For plates, you'll be able to read a plate in daytime at a greater distance with the same FOV of the 2132. I'd expect to be able to read a plate with a 4mm lens comparably to a 2132 with 6mm or even a bit better. At night, you'll need more light than my 4526 but I'd expect excellent night images as well. Just for plates? Spend your money on another cam and dedicate it to plate duty with a fast exposure time and an extra illuminator. Mine suffers from flaring and being blinded when looking into lights to a much greater extent than my 3364s even when both are on day mode. The Axis cams made great double duty (plate and face) cams in day mode at night. My 4526 Darkfighter? Nope, not so much. It gives better pictures of everything except plates and objects near lights than its older Axis competitors though. I would expect the 6mp version you're looking at to behave similarly but I don't have one to compare.

If it were me, I'd probably tackle the night plate problem separately with a cheap AliExpress IP plate camera or a Hik 2032 minibullet tuned properly (proper location, settings, and maybe aftermarket longer lens) with an external illuminator and then upgrade the 2132 just because they aren't that great at night. You might even be able to use the 2132 as your plate camera. Try setting it to 1/500 exposure with the IR on to start and fiddle with that and the gain settings and see if you like the results. Add even a small illuminator to help. Slow or stopped vehicles entering a driveway are fairly easy.

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger on the DS-2CD4565F-IZ.

One thing I have noticed is a lot of motion blur on the image (both in BI and live view via Firefox). Cars and people walking tend to be the same.

Attached screenshot of video/audio settings.

screenshot.jpg

On image settings (display tab) I have the following:

Exposure:
Iris Mode (auto)
Auto Iris Level (50)
Exposure time (1/100)
Gain (85)
Focus Settings:
Focus Mode (auto)

Not sure if any others are of relevance.

Any ideas would be appreciated

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Exposure needs to be higher, daytime around 1/500 or higher, keep your gain as low as possible without loosing too much light and DNR to half or a bit less, i find ( with a different cam ) DNR set too high introduces motion blur no matter what exposure i set

Ps
Please add what temperature you have outside at the moment so us poms can be *issed off and dream of the day when the Yellow ball re appears in the Northern hemisphere

Last edited by a moderator:

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Hiky is right. Hiks tend to slow down the exposure too much when on auto. Set day/night switch to Scheduled will solve that because it allows the separate day/night settings you need. 1/500ish is a good starting setting to try for days. Night setting will depend a lot on your lighting but you probably won't get crisp cars at night without adding so much grain that you lose facial ID quality. I try to add light at night until I get good pics at 1/60 or preferably 1/120.

Martyj

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, I've setup the day/night schedule and seems 100% better.

Hiky, unfortunately the weather is terrible at the moment. Slight breeze, around 33 deg not a cloud in the sky !

I think its going to be above 30 deg all week.... :D

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
Son of a bit** ! 30degs all week ! slight breeze!! sigh, u lucky bega we will be lucky to get above 10 with rain and heavy cloud, jealous... Me ! .. Hell yeah

Glad your having some success now with your cam though honest !

Craig Conrad

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I couldn't pass up getting these new-in-box Hikvision DS-2CD4565-IZH cameras for only $98 from B&H Photo. I know they are discontinued, but at that price (and not needing to buy a conduit base), they seemed like a great deal. They have arrived within 8 days of my order, my two worked right out of the box (so far), so my friend bought 3, my son bought 2, and my neighbor is ordering 2 today.

My question relates to the firmware. The firmware installed is V5.4.5 build 170302, which also seems to be the latest on the Hikvision site for this model. Are newer firmware versions available, perhaps using one from a later (similar) model? I am hoping that the firmware from newer cameras would work, just not tested and certified by Hikvision.

Thanks!