Any issue with a "new" ebay Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-I bios 5.2.5? ONVIF Support

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to replace a Geovision camera (dead) with a 4mm 2 or 3 mp bullet camera. I see a bunch of the DS-2CD2032F-I on Ebay & other places.

I am going to add it as an ONVIF camera to my geovision NVR system. Should the 5.2.5 bios be cause to buy a retail US version for $120 which has access to the newer firmware files?

Basically - is there a downside to ordering a cheaper gray camera (which is what i assume it is)?

Thanks,
Rich

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
5.2.5 won't be US retail version. Will be Chinese grey import. If you're going to do that then save yourself some bucks and buy from Aliexpress.

Downside - can't update firmware (not a big deal on these cameras), no official support (worthless anyway IMO).

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks - i was figuring it would be OK for an Onvif camera - as long as it works day 1 it should be OK. I would expect no warranty from Hik or it would be so expensive to send it back to china it wouldnt be worth it.

I see $75 on Ebay shipped for it. Is AliExpress better? I have never purchased from them though I am comfortable with Ebay.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
How much is Dahua HFW-4300S on eBay in the US? I'd personally get that for ONVIF.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Don't pay $15 for the warranty. It's pretty much bulletproof. If it doesn't break in the first few months it's highly likely to break within 3 years IMO.

Dahua and Hikvision very similar. Dahua much better with ONVIF. I personally am switching to Dahua slowly.

That model is not 4300S. Ignore sellers that say "new model replaces xxxxx", 99% of the time that is rubbish!

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's the one. It's bullet-proof and underrated. I still have a 1.3MP one covering my shed which is going v strong, that one is really good in the dark.

richtj99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does the DS-2CD3132 or the Dahua have a built in microphone? Any of those products have a mic? It might be nice also.