Any one can help me setting my 5831 at night

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just record last night two guy try open all street parking lot cars. but my setting cant saw the guy face clean.so any one can help .thank you.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It looks like a pretty good image to me. what you are missing is an ID shot. you need another camera aimed at the face if you want to ID the person, and a third camera with 10x the zoom if you want to ID the guy across the street (but don't hold your breath on that one). Many people here advise "start with the ID shot" camera, then fill in the overview cameras. It is hard, but that is the way it is. If the guy looked straight at the camera at 26-27 seconds, you might get a good image, but i doubt it. the frame rate is a too long (causing blur) but you probably also have too few pixels per foot, even with 8MP. The hoodie and glasses and the fact that he looks slightly away from the camera, makes it very hard to capture, especially with one camera. It is still useful combined with other images from other cameras in the neighborhood.

japjoe7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It looks like a pretty good image to me. what you are missing is an ID shot. you need another camera aimed at the face if you want to ID the person, and a third camera with 10x the zoom if you want to ID the guy across the street (but don't hold your breath on that one). Many people here advise "start with the ID shot" camera, then fill in the overview cameras. It is hard, but that is the way it is. If the guy looked straight at the camera at 26-27 seconds, you might get a good image, but i doubt it. the frame rate is a too long (causing blur) but you probably also have too few pixels per foot, even with 8MP. The hoodie and glasses and the fact that he looks slightly away from the camera, makes it very hard to capture, especially with one camera. It is still useful combined with other images from other cameras in the neighborhood.
Yeah, I concur. You need a "choke point" camera and/or better IR for night vision.

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
No. I am referring to shutter speed. If you select manual under exposure, you will be playing with shutter speed and gain. Trial and error. Faster shutter is darker, needing more gain, making it grainy with noise, but less motion blur per frame. the more light (either full band for color, or IR for B&W) the better.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Gotcha - that was my understanding also. Still learning so thought I might be missin sumpthin ;)

Thx

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need try manual exposure fast shutter and get less motion blur.may be good .Thank you .

vinson

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I try it but still cant fix causing blur,i set up 20fps and 20 frame rate .so any way can be goog setting thanks.