Auto delete clips stored in BI that failed Sentry detection.

BlueWave

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned a few times already but wanted to push the notion a bit harder.

Ability to auto-delete saved alert clips after XX minutes if Sentry determines its a false alert and to surprise it.

In my case, Sentry blocks 95% of my motion alerts (400+ Daily) since their trees swaying in the wind but I have to go through and delete them manually every couple of days and that takes a long time. Let’s automate this!

Who else would use some kind of auto-delete feature integrated with Sentry & Blue Iris 5 ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned a few times already but wanted to push the notion a bit harder.

Ability to auto-delete saved alert clips after XX minutes if Sentry determines its a false alert and to surprise it.

In my case, Sentry blocks 95% of my motion alerts (400+ Daily) since their trees swaying in the wind but I have to go through and delete them manually every couple of days and that takes a long time. Let’s automate this!

Who else would use some kind of auto-delete feature integrated with Sentry & Blue Iris 5 ?
Keep in mind that you may want footage despite the fact that sentry determines that is not worthy of an alert. Sentry is not 100% accurate and it would be a shame for you to miss valuable footage. Additionally even if sentry is accurate the footage maybe of value for other reasons.

You don't have to manually delete anything, simply let blue iris do it when the drive fills up. second the only way you'll have this implemented is to contact the developer via support.

Last edited:

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
Many customers have requested the auto-delete feature. As fenderman has alluded to above it's a bit more complicated. Suppose you have human detection and a car pulls into your driveway. Sentry will suppress the alert but it is probably a relevant motion clip you want to know about. FYI, vehicle detection is coming.

So we hear the request. But we need to figure out the right way to deliver it. It could be as simple as BI maintains storage as fenderman stated and a UI filter to just view Sentry alerts when desired.

-- Sam from Sentry.

Reaction score
I sent an email to the developer requesting:

With the integration of Sentry AI I believe this feature would be beneficial to users.

Have the option to suppress alerts to the mobile app. This would cut down on the number of alerts looked at each day on our mobile devices, but keep all alerts in the console.

Have the option to suppress alerts to mobile devices based on Person, Vehicle and/or Pet.

Thanks for a great experience; your software is great!

Reaction score
95% of anything you might want to capture is going to fall under the person/car/pet category, and getting that last 5% would probably be dozens of one-off type things.

What if instead of detector for what to keep, we had a detector for what to get rid of? ie, I know that pretty much the entirety of what I would want to ignore would fall under the category of bugs, spider webs, and shadows. It might be easier to do that for clip deletion and not be as likely to throw away something you would actually want.