B5442E-ZE video jumping back and forth.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Post the original video clip that exports as an mp4 straight as it comes from SmartPSS or the NVR.
[/QUOTE]
I took it into PS so I could make it small enough file size for here. But I managed to get one short enough without going into PS to add here. I'm not sure what you think you will see that is different. Carol jumps back and forth in both videos the exact same way. Here's another one. Every single recording has this. There is something rubbing together making a horrible sound. I can't figure out what it is. Here it is. Let me know what you see please. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

Last edited:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wait, you don’t need Photoshop.
Post the original video clip that exports as an mp4 straight as it comes from SmartPSS or the NVR.
Here's my video of both owls yesterday in the nest. At the end of the video when Carol flies away, she jumps three times. I thought I removed all the glitches :( Today Carol laid her first egg :) I added three videos earlier straight from the NVR.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Congratulate Carol on the egg for us

No idea what you're seeing there. Its not doing it all the time just occasional, only at the end in that last clip. Does it do that if you review the video directly on the NVR without exporting it?

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Congratulate Carol on the egg for us

No idea what you're seeing there. Its not doing it all the time just occasional, only at the end in that last clip. Does it do that if you review the video directly on the NVR without exporting it?
The original video was over 45 min long. I shortened it and also had to cut out five other glitches of Jack & Carol both. I thought I cut that one but didn't get all of it. Yes this happens in playback in every program. I have it recording all the time but it only does it at the beginning of the motion section. Many times when I am watching playback it will completely jump over a motion area.Sometimes it will come up to a motion section at 9:30 and on the timeline I see it jump back to 9:20 get close to 9:30 and jump back to 9:20 again or jump ahead of the motion to 9:45. Since I don't know how to cut out part of a video in the NVR UI playback, I can't say. But I have glitches in PSS and Amcrest Surveillance Pro. I can't figure out how to cut sections in the camera or NVR UI. Anyway, thanks for looking. I give a hoot.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeahbut try viewing the playback on the NVR. No cutting, snipping, downloading, converting, exporting, nada. just watch a previously recorded time period and see with your eyes if it 'jumps"

Its not doing it "live"

It makes no sense

Reaction score
If I playback a car pulling in the driveway in DMSS there is a split second pause as it hits the motion area. On the NVR web page it stops at the same point, spins the loading wheel, then restarts right where it left off.

If I tap the record button while in DMSS over this same time period, then export it, and then view that video through my photo album, no glitch.
I hate to recommend anything since I haven’t really had any ideas that seem to work but if you’re willing to try DMSS on your phone that would be my next suggestion

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
If I playback a car pulling in the driveway in DMSS there is a split second pause as it hits the motion area. On the NVR web page it stops at the same point, spins the loading wheel, then restarts right where it left off.

If I tap the record button while in DMSS over this same time period, then export it, and then view that video through my photo album, no glitch.
I hate to recommend anything since I haven’t really had any ideas that seem to work but if you’re willing to try DMSS on your phone that would be my next suggestion
Right, it will do same on SmartPSS. That’s because the NVR is creating two separate files. One for the event one for full recording. But won’t typically lag like that on the direct NVR playback view or the downloaded clip

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yeahbut try viewing the playback on the NVR. No cutting, snipping, downloading, converting, exporting, nada. just watch a previously recorded time period and see with your eyes if it 'jumps"

Its not doing it "live"

It makes no sense
No it doesn't do it in the NVR UI but I can't figure out how to crop the video on in there. It only jumps in PSS and Amcrest surveillance Pro. I like seeing the time line down below so I can see exactly what I'm doing.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

You make it sound easy. I like working from my PC using a mouse. I doubt I can use it on my PC can I? Thanks for the suggestion.

Reaction score
Let’s start with making 0 changes in SmartPSS, only view live and recorded video, and export video.

Remember that each camera operates as a standalone unit and all changes should be made in the individual camera web page, for the most part the NVR is just there to record them all and allow viewing more than one camera at a time.

I’ll leave these statements here to gather the opinions of others to see if I’m thinking about this the correct way. More to follow, but it’s after 8 am and I should probably be out doing something productive by now. I’ll check back in later

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Let’s start with making 0 changes in SmartPSS, only view live and recorded video, and export video.

Remember that each camera operates as a standalone unit and all changes should be made in the individual camera web page, for the most part the NVR is just there to record them all and allow viewing more than one camera at a time.

I’ll leave these statements here to gather the opinions of others to see if I’m thinking about this the correct way. More to follow, but it’s after 8 am and I should probably be out doing something productive by now. I’ll check back in later
^^^^^^^^
Yes Exactly this as previously mentioned a bunch of times

There is no problem with the master NVR recording or the live view.

The problem is something you are doing with SmartPSS exporting and/or manipulating the footage

Reaction score
More loads of brush/ branches I’ve trimmed (from the ground for now) picked up than I want to think about.

I played around with SmartPSS to figure out how to export a video. Starting with the Playback icon, then under Device at the top left, selected the arrow down next my NVR and then a checkmark next to the camera that uses motion detection.
Bottom left has the Record button selected, Record Type: All Records, Stream Type: Main Stream, clicked Search.
Pressed the play button and zoomed in a bit on the time of the motion event I spoke of earlier. I then clicked on the scissor icon towards the bottom left which popped up a box with Start:, End:, Duration:, and a red vertical line. I moved that line to where I wanted to start the clip - a few seconds before the vehicle entered the view. I zoomed out far enough to find the second red line that was about an hour away, clicked on that and moved it to the left until the Duration: was 15 seconds, same as the other I saved in DMSS. Clicked the scissor icon again, changed the Export Format to MP4 (tried AVI and ASF too), OK, OK on the warning of needing to stop playing back. All three videos played fine in VLC and Media Player.
There may be easier ways to do this but that’s how I ended up doing it this time. Hopefully I was able to explain myself and the process I used well enough

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
More loads of brush/ branches I’ve trimmed (from the ground for now) picked up than I want to think about.

I played around with SmartPSS to figure out how to export a video. Starting with the Playback icon, then under Device at the top left, selected the arrow down next my NVR and then a checkmark next to the camera that uses motion detection.
Bottom left has the Record button selected, Record Type: All Records, Stream Type: Main Stream, clicked Search.
Pressed the play button and zoomed in a bit on the time of the motion event I spoke of earlier. I then clicked on the scissor icon towards the bottom left which popped up a box with Start:, End:, Duration:, and a red vertical line. I moved that line to where I wanted to start the clip - a few seconds before the vehicle entered the view. I zoomed out far enough to find the second red line that was about an hour away, clicked on that and moved it to the left until the Duration: was 15 seconds, same as the other I saved in DMSS. Clicked the scissor icon again, changed the Export Format to MP4 (tried AVI and ASF too), OK, OK on the warning of needing to stop playing back. All three videos played fine in VLC and Media Player.
There may be easier ways to do this but that’s how I ended up doing it this time. Hopefully I was able to explain myself and the process I used well enough
Thank you for that. You made it very understandable. I have always used PSS for playback and clipping/cropping my video. PSS is what is causing my cropped videos to jump. I need to learn how to crop my video using the UI. Either of the cam or the NVR. It doesn't jump there. In PSS to clip all I have to do is tap the scissors. It auto makes a bracket at that point and a second one 60 minutes later. All I have to do is slide the bracket to the end point I want and tap the scissors down on the bottom left again. When the window pops up I select to save as a mp4 or whatever it is and I'm done. I have watched YouTube videos of cropping in the UI and their program looks nothing like mine. I am a visual person. I have to see directions when the terminology is intimidating :) If you can explain how to crop in the UI I would be forever grateful! Thanks again!

Reaction score
I’ll see what I can figure out. I’m still a fan of watching the playback, hit the camcorder button to start, hit the camcorder button to stop, click on the thumbnail that pops up, select the the video and export to my camera roll. I’m generally only saving a few seconds to maybe a minute of a video though

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ll see what I can figure out. I’m still a fan of watching the playback, hit the camcorder button to start, hit the camcorder button to stop, click on the thumbnail that pops up, select the the video and export to my camera roll. I’m generally only saving a few seconds to maybe a minute of a video though
This is what I see. I want to save as mp4 butI can't figure out how to even select the section I want to save. It is probably easy once I figure it out. I do not want it to be a DAV

Attachments