B5442E-ZE video jumping back and forth.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The short cut that worked for me was I right clicked on my desktop and selected new-shortcut- I pasted C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe javascript : open();close() and removed the space after script and the one before open. I followed the directions and named it IExplorer. Thank you JDreaming so much!!! You are a life savor.
The screen shot I posted is using IE in the Amcrest camera UI.

The videos you cut will be saved to your Amcrest camera's default download folder in your computer. You can check it at Camera-Video-path. You can change the the destination folder if you wish from there. This is what mine looks like. Although I don't really use them anymore.

Amcrest save folder.jpg

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The screen shot I posted is using IE in the Amcrest camera UI.

The videos you cut will be saved to your Amcrest camera's default download folder in your computer. You can check it at Camera-Video-path. You can change the the destination folder if you wish from there. This is what mine looks like. Although I don't really use them anymore.
My program looks nothing like yours for some reason. After hours of messing with this, I finally figured it out. I added a video here that I didn't take into Photoshop to shorten.. Here's what I did- On the Playback page in IE I found where I wanted to create a saved time frame. I had to select Batch Download from the bottom right (see screen capture). From there I could select MP4 and the Path. (after the download button not working, I checked and I didn't have a folder called PlayBackRecord in my WebDownload Folder so I created one. (right click in WebDownload folder and select New, Folder and name it PlayBackRecord.) So I have the start & end time, path and mp4 selected. I hit Download...nope. I had to hit Search on the top right. It showed 11 options of videos. I selected #1 and hit download.Yay! I went to the folder I created called PlayBackRecord and I had 11 videos. All named the same but different lengths and many were only one second long. I added the largest one here. I think my screen capture shows it better than I've explained. I'm sure there must be an easier way plus get what I asked for in the start & end time.
Well it has finally come to fruition and this feels even more like the drowning man parable. You guys gave me everything to work with, but in the end I had to do for myself. It makes me very sad that I probably won't remember this next nesting season. But maybe I will be able to find this here and be surprised to learn from myself. Dementia sucks. But I have learned a lot for the moment. The way you guys are passionate about computer programing, I am passionate about wildlife. Thank you everyone for your time and patience. I hope you will subscribe to my youtube and watch my Great Horned Owls Jack and Carol. Peace out. We are going to go see the Eagles tomorrow! I can't wait!!

Attachments

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad that you got it working. The owl vids are too good not to have right.
Did you notice all the deer coming through? There were six in that group. We have 18 . My husband buys 600 lbs of corn a month. So he can't complain too much about my wildlife cams I buy :) I don't want to wear out my welcome but I hope if someone knows something to help improve my videos they will let me know. I find all the settings confusing. Thank you for watching! and all your help.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And another way to do it. I’m glad that snow stayed south of us
I think the program looks different depending on what PC you have among other things. For whatever reason if you don't do things in the exact order it won't work. Generally when you hover over an icon it will tell you what it is. That Batch Download didn't have that. To me Batch means many...well I guess that is what it did. I'll have to figure out how to only download one video with the correct times :) I just hope this will cure my video jumping that they thought was from using PSS. I have a hard time with changes and learning something new :(

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you see the video stream from the Z12?
Your regular and motion detect schedules look OK from what I can gather. You did apply and save the schedules?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Suggestion as made previously.

Quit using SmartPSS for camera settings, and really ANY settings. It’s a good viewer and playback tool period.

Use the direct camera interface/GUI to make ALL settings except the recording schedule, which you should make on the NVR directly

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Quit using SmartPSS for camera settings, and really ANY settings. It’s a good viewer and playback tool period.

Use the direct camera interface/GUI to make ALL settings except the recording schedule, which you should make on the NVR directly
I'm sorry, bad habit :( I went into the cams ui and not the nvr's. See I already forgot what you taught me. Record wasn't selected in the nvr ui. I am so sorry. The ui makes me log in all the time. It always helps if I do as you say..and remember. I wrote it in my journal so maybe that will help me remember. As always, thank you for being nice.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Can you see the video stream from the Z12?
Your regular and motion detect schedules look OK from what I can gather. You did apply and save the schedules?
yes but I put my settings in the cams ui and didn't go through the nvr as I was told to. I'm sure it will work now. thank you!

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

I will have to screw with this tomorrow. I can pull up playback in the nvr ui but it won't let me save as a mp4. So I went into the cams UI to playback and it shows no video for today. I created that short video before with the nestcams ui. Not sure why the video isn't showing under playback with the 12z ui. Maybe it's the same reason that is keeping me from adding the 12z to my smart PSS on my phone. Maybe I will wake up smarter tomorrow :( Thank you.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will have to screw with this tomorrow. I can pull up playback in the nvr ui but it won't let me save as a mp4. So I went into the cams UI to playback and it shows no video for today. I created that short video before with the nestcams ui. Not sure why the video isn't showing under playback with the 12z ui. Maybe it's the same reason that is keeping me from adding the 12z to my smart PSS on my phone. Maybe I will wake up smarter tomorrow :( Thank you.
You said to only use PSS for playback so I should be able to see my 12z cam recordings. The NVR shows there are recordings but as you know it won't allow me to make MP4 video. I have a screen capture showing the NVR in IE showing the recording. And the cam in IE not showing any video. And cam UI has allowed me to make MP4 videos with other cams. So I either need the NVR to allow MP4 or the cam video in IE to show up. I just want to make MP4 video. I am using IE and I show I have settings under storage-schedule-channel and under detect I have Motion 'enable' selected and record channel selected. All settings are saved and always correct when I go there. I'm at a loss. This all worked for my nest cam and 360 cam. Can you see where I have made a mistake? I'm sorry :(

Attachments