B5442E-ZE video jumping back and forth.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it won't let you type in on the dialog box I indicated, VLC should let you type a new name in the next dialog where I indicate "new filename should appear here"

Also, do not overwrite your original DAV file. That will destroy your original.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If it won't let you type in on the dialog box I indicated, VLC should let you type a new name in the next dialog where I indicate "new filename should appear here"

Also, do not overwrite your original DAV file. That will destroy your original.
that is where I renamed it in the screen capture. The top one is not named the same as the bottom one.. It doesn't matter what I rename it, it keeps saying the same thing.. There is no way I have something on my external drive named what my video on my C drive is named. I have MP4 selected as the file type. It should convert the DAV to MP4 and save.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
OK. reproduced the behavior here. It is a VLC bug.
VLC goes into an infinite loop that does the conversion and then immediately offers to overwrite the new file and do the conversion again.

The only way was (like what you did) to let it do the conversion once. Then, force quit VLC.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
[QUOTE="guykuo, post: 833693,

The only way was (like what you did) to let it do the conversion once. Then, force quit VLC.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much. It's nice to know it wasn't me with the problem. But that still does not help me to convert my video to a MP4. I lost a day messing around with that. I don't like things to get the best of me. I appreciate your time.

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you let it complete once, and then force quit VLC when it offers to overwrite, the output file should be the converted file

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you let it complete once, and then force quit VLC when it offers to overwrite, the output file should be the converted file
It never does complete before the message pops up. This has been a real pain. I think I'm going to climb the ladder and put a memory card in. The weather is nice. I just hope I don't drop the card and it goes under the deck :(

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Personally, I would find a better program for doing the conversion. Inserting and removing SD cards from your cameras would be ultra low on my list of ways to solve this.

Somebody on this forum must have recommendations for video editor / converter program that they use. I would start a new thread asking for video editing / export software for .DAV files. Your current thread title is very specific to a particular playback glitch.

I'n afraid I'm not that much more help with looking for a PC app. I'm on Macs for my NVR and use iMovie to do my edits and export. No DAV files here, just the raw M4V files without any encryption or recompression.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Personally, I would find a better program for doing the conversion. Inserting and removing SD cards from your cameras would be ultra low on my list of ways to solve this.

Somebody on this forum must have recommendations for video editor / converter program that they use. I would start a new thread asking for video editing / export software for .DAV files. Your current thread title is very specific to a particular playback glitch.

I'n afraid I'm not that much more help with looking for a PC app. I'm on Macs for my NVR and use iMovie to do my edits and export. No DAV files here, just the raw M4V files without any encryption or recompression.
That is a good idea. I'll put off climbing the ladder. I hate to stress Carol any more than I need to. Thank you!