B54IR-Z4E-S3 Iris Setting

signal9

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I got a T54IR-ZE-S3 B54IR-Z4E-S3 camera that I'm trying to set up for LPR. I'm starting with some settings that I've seen people use on ipcamtalk but I'm looking for info on the Iris setting as I can't find much info on what this does. Am I assuming correctly that setting this higher opens up the iris more thereby letting more light in? Would there be a reason to not set it to 100 then? If anyone has any other suggestions about LPR on this camera I would be grateful. Thanks!

Screenshot_20240124_190430.png

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have the same camera but under Iris mine only has a toggle for "Auto" and not the ability to control the level like yours... Maybe we are on different firmware..Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.
Try using Internet Explorer - yeah we know it is old LOL. But many of these cameras don't show everything unless plain ole Internet Explorer is used.

Reaction score
I have the same camera but under Iris mine only has a toggle for "Auto" and not the ability to control the level like yours... Maybe we are on different firmware..Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.
None of my 5442 based cams have that option up to and including the newest T54IR-ZEB-S2. I don’t have a Z4 model to check but it is there on the 5241-Z12-S2

Edit: it’s the T54IR-ZEB-S3, not S2

Last edited:
Reaction score
None of my 5442 based cams have that option up to and including the newest T54IR-ZEB-S2. I don’t have a Z4 model to check but it is there on the 5241-Z12-S2
Oh, ok. I have the T54IR-ZE-S3 like the author here but did not see the iris control option like he had, but I was using chrome. When I get home, I will try in IE and see if the option to control the iris level pops up.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
In my newer S3 5442 bullets, Iris control is only available in "Manual" shutter mode as has been normal off and on for Dahua for years
NewUI-IriscontrolinManualmode.jpg NewUI-IriscontrolinShutterPrio.jpg NewUI-IriscontrolinAUTO.jpg

On slightly older 5442 S2 turrets there is NO Iris control whatsoever
V2.840.15OG008.0.R, Build Date: 2022-02-18

signal9

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for the responses! Sorry about the confusion, I did get a couple T54IR-ZE-S3 cameras but the one I'm using for an LPR which has the screenshot of the manual iris control is actually the B54IR-Z4E-S3 which I also got. I accidentally typed in the wrong model number in my post! I went ahead and changed it in the original post. So hopefully that makes more sense to you all! Does this B54IR-Z4E-S3 camera have a physical iris, so opening it wider would allow in more light (at the expense of a shallower depth of field)? Thanks!