Best deal on Imporx (Huisun) v2!

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Do PTZ cameras like these lock in when they discover motion ? I was thinking of replacing an outside camera and have this one set on a scan but, I assume they lock and record once motion is discovered then go back to the scanning ? Also in cold weather would they wear out fast with constant scanning an area ?
This one doesn't, but the larger dome with auto tracking might have that function

achref977

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi klasipca ,

Thanks for this post, today i bought this camera from the same seller on Aliexpress, i saw your feedback then i came here. Could you please upload a video recorded using this camera Day/Night and did you found any fix for the issues you have faced (Focus,reboot..)

I bought these below cameras on Alie and I need your advise if i did the right choice or not and which is the best of them in terms of quality etc.. i have
Original DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR as well

-Auto Tracking PTZ IP Camera 20X Optical Zoom IR 150M HS Dome (IMPORX)

-MINI PTZ IP Camera 10X ZOOM IR 80M ( IMPORX/Huisun)

-Original Dahua 4MP IPC-HDBW4421R IP ( Dahua ) *2

-DS-2CD2732F-IS 3MP ( Hikvision ) *2

Last edited by a moderator:

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Hi klasipca ,

Thanks for this post, today i bought this camera from the same seller on Aliexpress, i saw your feedback then i came here. Could you please upload a video recorded using this camera Day/Night and did you found any fix for the issues you have faced (Focus,reboot..)

I bought these below cameras on Alie and I need your advise if i did the right choice or not and which is the best of them in terms of quality etc.. i have
Original DS-7604NI-E1/4P NVR as well

-Auto Tracking PTZ IP Camera 20X Optical Zoom IR 150M HS Dome (IMPORX)

-MINI PTZ IP Camera 10X ZOOM IR 80M ( IMPORX/Huisun)

-Original Dahua 4MP IPC-HDBW4421R IP ( Dahua ) *2

-DS-2CD2732F-IS 3MP ( Hikvision ) *2

All are fine choices, but personally I would get mini ptz instead VFs unless you are mounting them indoors.

Issues with mini ptz v2 not resolved yet, needs firmware updates. Rebooting issue only happened a few times so I am not to concerned with it.

achref977

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, i'm going to use them all outdoor since they are water/weather proof, but regarding Dahua & Hik dome VF lens this was my mistake i thought they are PTZ rotating camera, unfortunately they were not :/
and for the mini ptz hope a new firmware coming soon and i'll keep following you posts. :)

mando209

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does email pic alert and motion alert work we'll on mini ptz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been following this thread with great interest as I am close to buying my first ptz camera. Is there a difference between the Imporx and the Huisun versions?
Ive been looking at these three on Aliexpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-Sell-2016-New-Arrival-Rotary-Bullet-PTZ-Camera-with-Onvif-1080P-MINI-PTZ-IP-Camera/32583148851.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-HUISUN-Sony-CMOS-2MP-10X-Rotary-Bullet-PTZ-IP-Camera-With-Card-Slot-HD-1080P/32598307345.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/HUISUN-2-0MP-Waterproof-1080P-Full-HD-PTZ-IP-camera-full-functions-bullet-PTZ-camera/32379755297.html

The prices currently are very close and from the pictures there appear to be differences.

Thank you for any input!

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This one doesn't, but the larger dome with auto tracking might have that function
So what happens if its on patrol or scanning an area and then it sees some motion does it record the motion or does it pass it and continue to scan without recording incident ? I want to try one of these but, not seeing the value of a ptz rather than simple turret other than looking around when you have time to sit and watch. What are the values of a PTZ ? I would definately see the patrol feature instead of multiple cameras but, if it does not lock and record then continue its scan what is the purpose for the home user.
I can see the vari focal so you can point it and leave it but, why do you like them and like you seem to have many of them how do you use them ? must have one hell of a control board.

jptheking

n3wb
Reaction score
So what happens if its on patrol or scanning an area and then it sees some motion does it record the motion or does it pass it and continue to scan without recording incident ? I want to try one of these but, not seeing the value of a ptz rather than simple turret other than looking around when you have time to sit and watch. What are the values of a PTZ ? I would definately see the patrol feature instead of multiple cameras but, if it does not lock and record then continue its scan what is the purpose for the home user.
I can see the vari focal so you can point it and leave it but, why do you like them and like you seem to have many of them how do you use them ? must have one hell of a control board.
Here is exactly what you are looking for:
https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/5456-Mini-PTZ-camera-impressions!-2015-PTZ-camera-of-the-year?p=54288&viewfull=1#post54288

...but it uses Blue Iris on a controlling PC, and 2 cameras, not only a standalone camera.

I have two cameras: One static Hikvision and this Huisun's mini PTZ.
The PC is a simple Gigabyte Brix GB-BXBT-J1900GB-XM33 with 120Gb SSD and 4Gb RAM. It runs Windows 8.1 32 bits.

CPU usage is 20-30%, temperature is around 45°C and speedrate is about 7Mbps. PC power consumption is 5-7 watts.

Everything now works as was described in my post :). I am using external script written in winbatch, but this is not mandatory, as all the needed features are already included in BI (you must use jsonBI). Scripting is only a plus if you want exotic things to happen.

Beware that this system suffers from lag (1-2 seconds lag plus ptz displacement) but can be very useful depending on your layout.

horseflesh

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can see the vari focal so you can point it and leave it ...
I can spend $150-$200 on one of these cameras instead of spending more for a fixed camera with less zoom. One of my PTZs will be zoomed in on my driveway to capture license plates--this camera was the cheapest and best way to do that. The PTZ feature is fun but I'm definitely not maximizing my use of P & T in this application. That's OK, the price is right even if I "waste" some features.

I will have another one in the back yard to watch bird feeders etc. The back yard camera can also be retasked to look at the neighbor's house when they go away on vacation, for extra coverage. (they are installing cameras too.) So there is one place where PTZ is actually useful for me.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
One negative about v2 is it has to refocus during day/time transition and occasionally it may not focus perfectly. As I mentioned in another thread using Manual is out of question, semi auto focus occasionally doesn't focus properly, so I am left with using Auto which seems to do fine. I didn't really test v1 extensively but v2 I did and these are my own only gripes with it.

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I placed my order on the 2nd. Received a shipping notice on the 16th. We'll see how long the ePacket takes to get to NE Ohio!
I ordered mine on 2/8 so hope should ship soon. Keep us updated.

Promod117

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I placed my order on the 2nd. Received a shipping notice on the 16th. We'll see how long the ePacket takes to get to NE Ohio!
Tracking information entered into system. 3 days seems typical....

rmw85

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
My order from 2/8 was shipped yesterday. Just updating for others who bought and curious to ship times from this post.

EDIT: I should say I received tracking information from Epacket yesterday