BI in the Cloud and PC Deals

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I know, I know...weird subject right? I am just wondering if anyone has attempted to put BI in the cloud despite potential high bandwidth and latency (uploading only motion). Vaas is getting very popular these days but still costly, hence my thinking. If so what was your experience and who did you host with?

On the flip side....with Black Friday and Cyber Monday coming up I’m is anyone aware of deals on good systems to Run BI? I only have 6 cameras so don’t need anything major

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake1979

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think for the most part, the interested in BI is that it is run locally only.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
vaas is only "popular" with folks who push it to ensure RMR and the suckers who fall for it.

Reaction score
Haha love it thanks guys

Anyone call ours of good black Friday deals for machines? Anyone tried running BI on AMD?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been running BI on an AMD FX-6300 for more than 18 months. It supports 13 cameras at 450 MP/S continuous recording at 33 % CPU. There is no hardware acceleration. It also support 10 clone cameras for backup to a NAS.

See
CPU STATS: Blue Iris Update Helper

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
I think having local storage is compelling. It may be helpful to backup certain events to the cloud for safety (in case the local machine is tempered with or stolen), but I can't imagine having the cloud as my only option. Having to reply on something as finicky as in internet connection simply doesn't provide the necessary reliability I would be looking for.

Machines and storage are relatively cheap now. In fact, I bet a local machine will end up being cheaper than having to pay a monthly cloud service over the long haul anyway.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
I am working on an IPCT Tool which will offer BI cloud backup. Hoping to launch by Feb 2020.

Reaction score
Thank you so much guys that’s great info. I totally agree that local is the way to go, I’m just thinking of the electric bill but then running an old laptop isn’t a big deal

If anyone know reasonably priced good PCs for BI let me know.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much guys that’s great info. I totally agree that local is the way to go, I’m just thinking of the electric bill but then running an old laptop isn’t a big deal

If anyone know reasonably priced good PCs for BI let me know.

Modern desktops Running intel processors are very powerful efficient. Laptop is a poor choice

Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more at the time I just had a old laptop lying around but now looking for something else

Any recommendations?