BI Rookie Question

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a way to add an NVR to BI instead of manually putting in each camera?

My NVR has two lan ports it's using. One is for the NVR and the other is on the Camera Vlan. I want to connect to the NVR rather than change my IP to the camera vlan.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You can stream most NVR's into BI using RTSP when available.
Each camera added will have the same IP (the NVR's LAN IP) and each one will have a unique "camera" number in the drop down.
In other words, if you have 8 cameras, then all 8 cameras have to be added to BI individually, all with the NVR's IP but "camera" numbers 1 through 8.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can stream most NVR's into BI using RTSP when available.
Each camera added will have the same IP (the NVR's LAN IP) and each one will have a unique "camera" number in the drop down.
In other words, if you have 8 cameras, then all 8 cameras have to be added to BI individually, all with the NVR's IP but "camera" numbers 1 through 8.
Thanks for the information! Where would I enter the nvr IP address? When I type it in, only the first camera pops up and no others are available.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the information! Where would I enter the nvr IP address? When I type it in, only the first camera pops up and no others are available.
The IP goes at the top of the page for "Camera Properties", "video", "configure"...up at the top under "address".

Then, on same page, select "camera" #1, 2, 3....etc. and click on "OK"

Each cam is a "new" cam, all identical except that "camera" number. All have same IP, the NVR's LAN IP.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It seems it only add's cam 1 from my NVR regardless of what I put in the settings.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sure. first pic is the first screen. I click Add Camera
blueiris1.JPG
blueiris2.JPG
I then do the same thing but chance "Camera" to 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on. But it always just adds the very first camera in my NVR.
I have hikvision cameras and hikvision NVR. I've tried on my 9000 series and my 7000 series. If you need exact models I can find that for you.

THanks again

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In the video path for the NVR, try "streaming/Unicast/channels/{CAMNO}01".....set the camera drop down at whatever camera number it is (2, 3,4, etc.)
Those are "curly brackets" at start and end of "CAMNO".

Last edited:

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still doesn't seem to work. Do I change the first drop down from http:// to rstp? I've tried both to no avail. I either get feed not available or still that first camera. . . . frustrating.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. The model one one of them is DS-96128NI-I24 / H

Thanks again!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure. first pic is the first screen. I click Add Camera
View attachment 51356
View attachment 51357
I then do the same thing but chance "Camera" to 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on. But it always just adds the very first camera in my NVR.
I have hikvision cameras and hikvision NVR. I've tried on my 9000 series and my 7000 series. If you need exact models I can find that for you.

THanks again
What is port 0? You have : 0 in the address bar. Replace this with the proper http port.

ClarityAVS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using the same HTTP port as my NVR does the same thing.