BI4 crashes and won't reopen

outdoorman

n3wb
Reaction score
I've got an instance of BI4 that has been running on a workstation that is not connected to the internet and has not done any updates since it was originally setup. Recently I added another camera to BI and it will crash after a few hours and not reopen. When I try to open BI it will show the loading screen then disappear and not open. I have it running as a service so it is still recording, but I cannot see the GUI.

Any ideas on where to start?

Also tried to restart the computer and it would load up after restart, but now it is not loading after restarting.

Last edited:

paulbo

n3wb
Reaction score
Newbie here (using BI for a year).

I had the same, coupled with an intriguing red background instead of the normal green, when I tried to change the layout. Solution for me was to delete the recently-added camera in the registry.

If nobody else has another idea, might be worth trying that as a last resort?

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Have a look in the registry under HKLM\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software\Blue Iris, find the camera under Cameras then within the camera settings check what ip_hwaccel is set to, setting it to 0 should set it to use the default BI global setting.

The global setting can be found under Options, key being hwaccel, try that set to 0 or have a play around until BI starts.

When making changes makes a note of any values that you change but I would go for setting that option with the camera to 0 then try changing the main default setting within Options, good luck :)