blue iris and digital zoom problem

tbh

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok I have a new Yucheng 8mp, IMX415, 30x optical and 10x extra digital zoom when it reaches the 30x.. When I zoom the camera past the 30x optical, into the 10x digital ranges ,then go back to 1x optical on it blue iris keeps the 10x digital zoom on the 1x in its software view. Using the cameras web interface its back to the 1x, without the digital zoom like its suppose to be. But blue iris keeps the 10x digital showing on top of the 1x optical, unless I reboot the camera. I would just disable the digital zoom, but there is no option in the camera do do so. Is this some blue iris bug with digital zooming?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok I have a new Yucheng 8mp, IMX415, 30x optical and 10x extra digital zoom when it reaches the 30x.. When I zoom the camera past the 30x optical, into the 10x digital ranges ,then go back to 1x optical on it blue iris keeps the 10x digital zoom on the 1x in its software view. Using the cameras web interface its back to the 1x, without the digital zoom like its suppose to be. But blue iris keeps the 10x digital showing on top of the 1x optical, unless I reboot the camera. I would just disable the digital zoom, but there is no option in the camera do do so. Is this some blue iris bug with digital zooming?
use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom out

tbh

n3wb
Reaction score
use the mouse scroll wheel to zoom out
Does not work, tried that already, for some strange reason it remains 10x digital on the 1x optical zoom in blue iris sotware. Yet the web interface for the camera goes back to just the 1x optical, no digital just fine. You would think blue iris would mirror whats in the web interface but its like somehow the digital zoom sticks in blue iris.

tbh

n3wb
Reaction score
After some searching I found the cgi command to turn the 10x digital zoom off in the camera, and everything's working now fine with the 30x optical zoom and it goes back to a true 1x in blue iris.

Reaction score
After some searching I found the cgi command to turn the 10x digital zoom off in the camera, and everything's working now fine with the 30x optical zoom and it goes back to a true 1x in blue iris.
TBH, can you elaborate how you get to, and turn off, the digital zoom with a CGI command? I have an older Dahua that is stuck at about 1-1/2x digital zoom and scrolling out to 1x (no digital zoom) is fine while I stare at the image but as soon as I view another cam and then come back to the problem cam, it's once again back to 1.5x digital zoom. Restarting did not help. Optical zoom works fine. Pretty much as you describe in your opening message. This just started suddenly tonight for some reason.

Thank you.