Blue Iris Crashing

ngblueiris

n3wb
Reaction score
I am running Blue Iris on a server with the following specs:
Windows Server 2012 R2
32 GB RAM @ 2133MHz
Intel Xeon E5-2630

I have experienced a few crashes while trying to use the Blue Iris software. The first occurrence of crashing happened when I added 7 cameras all running at 1920x1080 to the server. I also did not change any options within Blue Iris (direct to disk, limit live preview rate, ect.) Right when I added the 7th camera I couldn't keep Blue Iris from crashing every hour or so. I removed the camera and brought it back down to 6 cameras and it worked fine.

After looking through the forums to find some common problems I then decided to remove cameras and change the resolution on most of the cameras to 1280x720 as well as change the recordings to go direct-to-disk. I lowered the limit live preview down to 10 fps. I was then able to add 26 cameras until blue iris started crashing once again.

I have noticed that even when Blue Iris is running smoothly (with no crashes) the CPU and RAM usage indicator in the bottom right of the app is always red. It is currently running red at: CPU 22% RAM 2.69G

Since then, I've run out of ideas to test and the Blue Iris support hasn't been super helpful.

Any ideas would be helpful, thanks!