blue iris missing motion

RWDM3

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i have the motion detecting set up (the AI does not work with BI and these cameras anymore as other people mentioned, i wasnt able to figure out how to get the AI going - 5442 cams)
this morning i went outside and i have 3 cameras that would catch me, door bell camera + 2 outside cameras, i came back 5 minutes later so should have been same thing
only 1 alert noted in BI (the doorbell camera when i was returning)

why did BI not inform me under alerts?
i just ran the camera back and it caught the motion as they were highlighting me but no alert

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
IVS with the 5442 and alerting in BI from the 5442's IVS all play fine together. That is how I get AI motion alerts in my driveway.

As far as why your motion detection is not working properly, we would need screen caps of you motion tabs in BI. It could be anything...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 above.

I have many 5442 cams using the camera AI only and it works just fine with alerts from BI.

Plus depending on the BI version you have, you may need to do the hack as version 5.7.5 apparently "broke" the 5442 ONVIF triggering for some people.

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
There are two different functions going on in this situation..... motion detection (whether in-camera or a BI function), and BI notification. You really need to make sure you troubleshoot each function separately. Start with the motion detection since the notifications won't work if the motion detection is broken. Once you are 100% sure the motion detection is working as expected, then move on to troubleshoot the notifications.

PS - I will say that the in-camera AI motion detection works great with my 5442 series cameras and my BI setup. (I don't know off hand what version of BI am I on, but I admittedly haven't updated in a while). I definitely think setting up the detection in-camera is not only easier, but produces better results as well (at least for the very short amount of time I spent setting it up. Perhaps if I really wanted to "dial in" the BI motion detection or use on computer AI, I could get better results than in-camera. But I spend just a few minutes setting up my in-camera settings and got the desired results I was looking for).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go into the camera and set up smart plan with IVS, then go to the IVS screen and draw IVS rules (tripwire or intrusion box) and then select the AI you want it to trigger on (human or vehicle).

Then in BI, there are a few places you need to set this up in BI (assuming you already set up the IVS rules in the camera GUI):

In Camera configure setting check the box "Get ONVIF triggers".

Hit Find/Inspect on the camera setting to pull the coding for the triggers.

Go into Motion Setting and select the "Cameras digital input" box.

On the Alerts tab uncheck the Motions Zones tab (those are alerting you to any BI motion in those areas in Zones A thru H)

On the alerts tab set up how to be notified.