Blue Iris Settings for Wansview K2 Camera

billcarrjr

n3wb
Reaction score
Found these indoor cameras (cheap < $40) on Amazon and have nice form-factor and 120-degree lens, along with two-way audio. Was disappointed did not work out of the box, but did find if I disable the "default" setting for "H.264 HW decoder" to "No", it works fine. Hopefully that helps some others out as well.

It's on the main "Video" page for the specific camera....

Attachments

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you so much for sharing. At last I can use my K2 with BI thanks to your post¬!

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I Know. I bought it 1,5 ago when I first had started my journey with IP cameras and hadn't known much about the game. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look at the above one.

What's your opinion on Amcrest indoor with PTZ? Are they any good?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I Know. I bought it 1,5 ago when I first had started my journey with IP cameras and hadn't known much about the game. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll take a look at the above one.

What's your opinion on Amcrest indoor with PTZ? Are they any good?
They are made by dahua...they are not ptz, they are pt...no need for pt, its a gimmic..the hikvision/annke has many more features...amcrest as a company is crap too, they are the same guys who distributed foscam out of Houston before they left customers hanging...

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good to know.
I got 2 3M-Amcrest outdoors which have been quite good so far. I have them up and running for over a year now and they have proven to be pretty reliable except from their motion detection which is rather temperamental and unreliable.

So, I will be looking for an indoors Hikvision with PT after all. Many thanks for the suggestion.

I lost over a year of precious time playing with Tinycam Monitor for Android which is ambitious software but very limited in practice. After bought the full version of BI last week and I've been oven the moon by how much more powerful and reliable a custom NVR can be!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good to know.
I got 2 3M-Amcrest outdoors which have been quite good so far. I have them up and running for over a year now and they have proven to be pretty reliable except from their motion detection which is rather temperamental and unreliable.

So, I will be looking for an indoors Hikvision with PT after all. Many thanks for the suggestion.

I lost over a year of precious time playing with Tinycam Monitor for Android which is ambitious software but very limited in practice. After bought the full version of BI last week and I've been oven the moon by how much more powerful and reliable a custom NVR can be!
the hikvision cube is not pt...pt is a gimmick..you dont need it