Seems a good value indoor domestic camera

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
It is a relabeled Hik and they are a good deal. You're right there are a couple of versions one 1.3/2MP and one 3MP. Nice little cams for the money.

BUT
see my post in this thread:

Backdoor found in Hikvision cameras

They are vulnerable to the Hikvision backdoor and, at least currently, the latest firmware that they have does not fix it. A simple URL bypasses all security and can provide complete access and control of the cam.

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you control your cameras from other software i.e. in my case SecuritySpy on a Mac, does the same volunerability exists ?

I do provide internet access to the SecuritySpy server running on my Mac so I can see camera images, but not direct access to any of my cameras ?

Also I have only found a 2MP version i.e. no 3MP version ?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
If you control your cameras from other software i.e. in my case SecuritySpy on a Mac, does the same volunerability exists ?
Less of a risk if the camera isn't exposed to the Internet but the root problem still exists. Hopefully Annke will get an update from Hik soon.

I do provide internet access to the SecuritySpy server running on my Mac so I can see camera images, but not direct access to any of my cameras ?

Also I have only found a 2MP version i.e. no 3MP version ?
DS-2CD2432F-IW-Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd.

Actually it looks like there are/were 4 versions, 1 - 4MP:

Hikvision Europe

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks yes I meant ANNKE don't produce a 3MP one. I already have a 3MP Hikvision Cube and paid at least twice as much as the ANNKE 2MP one.

May get one to try.

Last edited:

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Both of these little cameras are great value for indoor use.
The cube camera is Poe and has an alarm built in with a passive ir motion detection.
The ball cam has pan and tilt,a 5m ir distance it isn't Poe,but is supplied with its own power adapter like a phone,and does have a built in wifi.
Both have excellent audio pick up and for there price well worth it,the cubes go up to 4 mp the ball 2 mp

Attachments

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I wish I could put the Annke Cube camera here, in the upper red circle.

IMG_0622.jpg

See my thread here

Although its sheltered I guess it would not last long in outside conditions ?

Maybe for £55 its worth trying. With a mic and speaker built in would be perfect sigh.....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 21747

See my thread here

Maybe for £55 its worth trying. With a mic and speaker built in would be perfect sigh.....
it should be ok...for that price, you might give it a whirl..

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Annke is a crap brand, but here they are simply rebranding hikvision and a MUCH better price...its 60 USD, you really cannot beat that price....
https://www.amazon.com/ANNKE-Impressive-Detection-Progressive-connection/dp/B01EL3Y1YM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1505337597&sr=8-2&keywords=ANNKE+Wireless+Cube+Camera
You can get them from Annke direct for $49.99 shipped.

1080P HD High Definition Video Resolution IP Camera Online Shopping| annkesecurity.com

They had them for the same price on Amazon and Newegg for a while but it went back up. Kind of unusually both the one that I ordered from Newegg and the one that I ordered direct shipped from Amazon. Guess they may warehouse things there.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've had one outside for ~6 months and it's been fine but mine is better sheltered than that. I don't think that it could take much if any direct exposure. Not really sealed and lots of ways for water to get inside.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score

View attachment 21747

See my thread here

get a perspex box from a 1/18 model car display and make a small L bracket for it,that will give it some weather proofing in the uk

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Direct from Annke though Amazon still seems the cheapest for the UK so I have ordered one to try :)

I already have the Hikvision branded 4MP version, so will be interesting to compare.

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Turned up and I pretty impressed for £55. This is literally plug and play no changing IP numbers from some strange domain. DHCP is switched on by default and it takes an IP number quickly. I tend to fix all the IP numbers on my router anyway.

A few pics. Nice packaging, felt like a new phone lol

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

Nice touch to include a power supply though I tend to use POE anyway.

IMG_0655.jpg

The interface is effectively the Hikvision one with logos replaced with Annke. Works perfectly with my Mac running Securityspy.

A couple of pics showing my existing 4MP Hikvision Cube and this 2MP clone. Top 4MP lower Annke 2MP. Top is the Hikvision 2.8mm lens over the Annke 4mm lens below. I may need to play around with the image settings i.e. contrast, brightness etc.

Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 10.53.23.png

Will try and do and upload a comparison of night shots.

Last edited:

MrRalphMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If this is a re branded HIK Cube, I assume the NVR still cannot use the HIK protocol with it to access the Smart Events?

jerrysimon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have no idea I am using a Mac and SecuritySpy. Haven't yet got round to trying smart events ?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
These are on sale today as a "Lightning Deal" through Amazon @ $41.65 shipped.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EL3Y1YM

Still no progress with them on the firmware issue. In both email with support and on Amazon following a review that I left they seem more concerned with identifying me through my order number than addressing what they plan to do about it.

Last edited:

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
£31! man thats cracking deal. Shame us UKers can't get access to that.
Could you check and see which version of firmware you have on yours? I'm curious whether they're all the same or if there's some variance depending on when they may have gotten them from Hikvision.

If you want to check whether yours is vulnerable quickly you can do:
http://[ip address]/onvif-http/snapshot?auth=YWRtaW46MTEK

Deleting/renaming the administrator account from "admin" would be a quick and easy work around but unfortunately you can't. Mine are all locked down anyway but I'm sure that most out there probably aren't. Even worse, I'd guess that this likely also applies to most all of the other Hikvision cams that they relabel.

Hopefully at some point we can figure out how to get around Hik's check of the OEM ID to use its firmware update and get in sync with their updates and not have to rely on Annke.