Blue iris steaming using too much data

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Comcast , my provider said i am using too much data. I have 6 camera streaming, how can I keep Blue Iris running without using data. All I need is the clip saved and email notifications . Thank you

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Comcast , my provider said i am using too much data. I have 6 camera streaming, how can I keep Blue Iris running without using data. All I need is the clip saved and email notifications . Thank you
Blue iris does not stream any data unless you are remote viewing. You would have to do an insane amount of remote viewing to reach that data cap....it would be nearly impossible.
Blue iris uses no data when running on your local network with your cameras on your local network.
If you are streaming remote cameras to your blue iris server that is your problem.
This can also happen if you use crappy nest cameras that stream to the cloud then back to blue iris.

dennisoates

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am viewing cameras remotely , cam are in michigan, and i am in florida. I am using Hikvison Poe and 5 foscams, are these crappy?
i do have a Nest thermostat

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i am viewing cameras remotely , cam are in michigan, and i am in florida. I am using Hikvison Poe and 5 foscams, are these crappy?
i do have a Nest thermostat
well what do you expect when you are streaming cameras 24/7 from one location to the other...your only option is to reduce the bitrate. This has nothing to do with blue iris. It would be the same with an nvr or any other vms.