Blue Iris UI3

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you are concerned about network security (and it sounds like you need advice pretty badly), might want to dig through existing posts on this site in that regards. Many folks ask those same questions and many folks respond with valued suggestions and opinions. Start searching & researching before you end up on YouTube hacked security cameras :)
Or start a new topic and see can give you more detailed advice than from this Blue Iris UI3 forum post.
I actually read and search the forum. That's the whole reason why I shut off all the ports on the router. So now the only way to access my LAN is through VPN. Are you saying my cameras are still a security risk?

Reaction score
I actually read and search the forum. That's the whole reason why I shut off all the ports on the router. So now the only way to access my LAN is through VPN. Are you saying my cameras are still a security risk?
for the most part, you did the correct way. However, there are curve balls to worry about. Is P2P enabled on the cameras themselves?

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am not sure where I would see P2P. On my HikVison cams I have:

Fixed IP
default gateway set to my router (192.168.1.1)
DDNS disabled
PPPoE disabled
Ports set to 80 (HTTP), 554(RTSP), 443 (HTTPS), server(8243)
UPnP enabled (thought all port types have a status of not valid. I also have UPnP disabled on my router based on input from this forum and it help!!!!)

jpl2568

n3wb
Reaction score
When I log into UI3 with my admin account I can delete clips. However, I want to set someone else up with an non admin account to log into UI3 and monitor recordings, but I don't want them to be able to delete any clips. Is there a way to restrict this? I didn't see a way.

cagenuts

n3wb
Reaction score
When I log into UI3 with my admin account I can delete clips. However, I want to set someone else up with an non admin account to log into UI3 and monitor recordings, but I don't want them to be able to delete any clips. Is there a way to restrict this? I didn't see a way.
Just create a user in the BI application and don't give administrator permissions.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
have a problem. I activate BI AI Deepstack... How can i UI3 alert only when confirmed ?

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes in Clips. Nur Red Alert or Auto maximinze Same Problem i get Motion Alerst. But i need confirmed Alerts

Last edited:

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
I started storing videos, from constant recording, in sub folders by camera name under "new". I know that's a little, for lack of a better term, "anal", but I am and "organized" person. Anyhow, UI3 doesn't see the sub directories. Any way around this that I'm missing?

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@bp2008 how does the UI3 dynamic layout work in BI 5.5+? When viewing a group of cameras, it appears to still be a composite stream rendered by BI rather than multiple individual camera streams, but if I resize the browser window the layout changes. Does UI3 send the window resolution (or aspect ratio?) back to BI to adjust the layout accordingly? At any rate, it works well! Thanks.

ChrisX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
many new functions group layouts.... now you can add "Auto Maximize" when "Person" or a cinfirmed alert with AI / Deepstack ?
On every tigger i get a Maximize picture ...

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is difficult because the current method used to know when to maximize a camera does not provide details related to AI.

piconut

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
OK, great. I think I follow that. So the internet side NIC on the BI computer would get it's IP info and subnet from the router via DHCP. Since the second NIC is not connected to a router (only to the POE camera switch), do I set the camera subnet within the NIC IPv4 properties like this:
View attachment 95721

If so, do I leave the default gateway blank?
How do the cameras get their IP now? Do I set a static IP in each camera's configuration settings?

Thanks again for all of your help.
Well, it took me a while (life got in the way) but I finally got around to adding the second ethernet card and getting all 20 of my cameras moved over to the new private LAN and separate poe switch. I want to thank everyone here for helping guide me through this. I hope that I can contribute too and help others here in the future.

However, I do have one issue that I had not planned for regarding the move to the new private LAN. So I have two LANs now, we'll say a primary LAN (192.168.100.x) and the new IP camera LAN (192.168.200.x). The problem is. that I also had another computer running some specialized software to create timelapse movies of the sky and clouds from 4 of my weather cameras (now currently on the 200.x LAN). I use a second computer to do this because of the high CPU usage needed to crunch literally thousands of images into time lapse movies every hour. The software on the other computer (IP Timelapse) needs to have the IP of each of the 4 cameras to be able to pull an image every 15 seconds and create a movie at the top of every hour. Obviously since those cameras can now only be directly accessed by the BI computer with 2 ethernet cards, I can no longer pull those static images using that software from the other computer. I know Blue Iris can pull static images too and create timelapse movies, although I haven't had success when trying to get that configured. So my question is, is there a setting or configuration I can do on either or both of the BI and time lapse computers that will allow the timelapse computer to retrieve those static jpgs from the private LAN? I'm obviously not a network guy but I can follow instructions.

Again, thanks in advance for your help here.
In case you're interested in the timelapse movies, you can see them here but they stopped today at 2 PM when I finished the switch over to the private LAN. hello world