Brick Ranch House

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I like the idea but I'd be worried someone might think "upskirt cam" before "facial ID cam". You could probably tuck something in near the door hinge side of the railing fairly easily though. If it was up near the handrail level it'd keep imaginations under control. Birdhouse or lighthouse cam?

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I would pitch the annoying wind chimes and put a 2.8 dome or turret right there. This way you could capture the walk up and the driveway. I have noticed that mounting cameras close to a light makes for a good place for spiders to build their webs. We recently mounted a PTZ on a building, about 10 feet above a light and every night spiders cover the entire camera. Down the road, I would criss cross two cameras under the soffit so you can get a view from both directions.

glennd

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would pitch the annoying wind chimes and put a 2.8 dome or turret right there. This way you could capture the walk up and the driveway. I have noticed that mounting cameras close to a light makes for a good place for spiders to build their webs. We recently mounted a PTZ on a building, about 10 feet above a light and every night spiders cover the entire camera. Down the road, I would criss cross two cameras under the soffit so you can get a view from both directions.
You're right.My wife doesn't know it yet ,but that wind chime is history.I agree on installing another cam later.
Just placed a order with Andy for a Starlight.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for not taking it the wrong way, They remind me of grandma's house. Those and bird feeders. My wife had me hang a beautiful ceramic bird feeder out over our deck. I have hit my head on it about 8 times in the last couple of months