Camera getting hot and cannot playback

idk

n3wb
Reaction score
My dahua camera gets warm for some reason when plugged in after a while. I don't know if its normal. And when I try to playback it prompts me probably an error saying "Channel IPC has no record!" even though I left it running overnight.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes they can get hot. Some of the cams will test out at 140 degrees. No big deal.

Just because you left it running doesn't mean it was recording. You need to set it up to record.

Post screenshots of your camera settings.

idk

n3wb
Reaction score
At what part, I am not good at these kinds of things. And also, on the dmss app, I set the camera to record a 15s video if it detects something like motion, but it doesn't work. It does record but like, its for some reason 0 seconds. And when I click on it, it says No record.

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post a screenshot of the destination tab - is there an SD card in the camera?

Do not set up anything camera related in the DMSS app - use that only for viewing and playback. Set everything up in the camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The camera needs either an SD card to record to or an NVR.

There is no onboard storage for video on the cameras.

idk

n3wb
Reaction score
By the way, what is this random thing that opens up. And is there anyway that I can disable IR mode in night time because its already bright but it still activates.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Under the camera GUI under day/night turn it off of auto and force it into color.

But you would be surprised how much light these cameras need - I assume you are on default/auto settings so if it thinks it needs infrared for that, then it would need it once you speed the shutter up to minimize/eliminate motion blur.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
To minimize blur, you should make exposure/shutter set to manual and change shutter to 1/120 and gain of 50 - what does the image look like then?

idk

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried turning off the IR mode for the camera using the room light to temporarily test how it will look if its turned off, and the results were perfectly clear. No blur

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If inside, that is different. Most use these outside and simply don't have enough light for the little sensors.

idk

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, my camera's IR mode just turned on even though its still daytime