Can anyone recommend a small IP can for this spot between vent boards?

Shadeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm not sure if they even make anything this size in an IP type of camera? I'm looking for basically a very small and narrow bullet type camera, which could give an overview from an attic vent area (already have cameras lower for identifying purposes but wanted a bigger picture of front yard). I found one about the right size, but it's not an IP camera. I'll attach it for reference. The whole camera doesn't have to be that small just the lens part to go between the boards.

Attached is about the size I need to go between the boards, and the area I'm thinking about putting it in. And yeah I know I need to paint those boards :) but I think this could give me a good view and not be very visible from the street.

The biggest down side to this idea might be spider webs but I think i can clean them with as long stick and duster if needed. Or if anyone has done this let know your experience with it, thanks!

Attachments

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Woah...wood rot!!! Better get on that before the paint. Agree, it'd be a bummer if you had to get up there often to clean the critters off.

Shadeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks!!! Those are small and would work I think. Funny enough my very first home security camera was in that same form factor and size except it was straight to video feed (with adapter for bnc coaxial wire) not an IP network connection. despite not being very expensive it lasted over eight years in the Texas summer heat on my front porch which was covered but still got pretty hot. it didn't really get cobwebs on it very often either maybe because the lens area was so small. I think I might just have to get one of those a try. I didn't realize they still made them and with an IP setup.