Can I swap 4MM lens from 2MP Hik Cube to a 4MP Hik Cube?

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I have a bunch of the Annke/Hik 2mp cubes around, and I purchased a 4mp Hik cube to see how it is in terms of quality. Since it is a bit better, I am debating of upgrading, but the 4mp Hik's come with a 2.8mm lens, which is a bit too wide for me and I would like to utilize the 4mm lens from the Annke/Hik 2mp cube.

Can I throw in a 4mm lens from a 2mp cam into a 4mp cam?
Also, are there any issues with doing so?

Same question would go for the 6mp cube in case I want to upgrade to that instead of going all 4mp.

Any help would be appreciated.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If the lens threads are the same size then yes. People here swap out 2.8mm to higher mm all the time.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If the lens threads are the same size then yes. People here swap out 2.8mm to higher mm all the time.
Great. Thank you

I just wasnt sure if the lens spec is specific to MP or not, but looks like the only spec is the thread size, so I do think that is the same, so this is good :)

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Great. Thank you

I just wasnt sure if the lens spec is specific to MP or not, but looks like the only spec is the thread size, so I do think that is the same, so this is good :)
If you look up lenses on Amazon, most list MP. But that's the quality of the lens. You could stick a 1MP rated lens on an 8MP sensor but you would probably lose some quality.

In your case, give it a shot and see what happens.