Can I update IPC-HDBW4433R-AS and IPC-HDW4433C-A firmware

nighwalker

n3wb
Reaction score
So I've been running twoIPC-HDW4433C-A and a IPC-HDBW4433R-AS for 4 years with Synology surveillance station. Just upgrade to surveillance station 9 and can't access two of my cams, odd. Anyway was wondering if I CAN upgrade these cameras firmware - I recalled then being so cheap because I was unable to update them :( One of the cameras works to odd that the others don't with the new SS ver 9 ???

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You answered your own question LOL ("I recalled then being so cheap because I was unable to update them")

It is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1642062778963.png

nighwalker

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes just wanted to confirm this as it was a few years ago when I bought them ! They were $100 or so vs double the price for the US versions. Perhaps time to upgrade :)

nighwalker

n3wb
Reaction score
So I guess question is what is good replacement for these old cams and where to buy legit versions ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.