Can I use a PoE adapter on my IP Cam and physical installation query

FlexiPack

n3wb
Reaction score
I've recently bought a Floureon PTZ Dome Cameraand I would appreciate some advice on how best to install it. The power lead is only 1.5m in length, which is not long enough to reach any power sockets in the house from where the camera will be located. It doesn't have PoE but I was thinking about getting a PoE Adapter (likethis one) along with a Passive Splitter cable like this one. The camera has built in WiFi but I was thinking that if I go ahead with using PoE, I could then route the cable into a PowerLine adapter which I already own (DHP-P501AV - sadly doesn't have PoE built-in)

My question is, will this work? If so, do I need a PoE injector and splitter?

My other question is related to physically installing the camera. The camera came with 4x screws (and wall plugs) but they're only 3cm in length and I'm concerned whether they're long enough and strong enough to hold the camera (see attached image). The camera is very heavy, will these screws be enough to secure it on the wall?

Thank you.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've recently bought a Floureon PTZ Dome Cameraand I would appreciate some advice on how best to install it. The power lead is only 1.5m in length, which is not long enough to reach any power sockets in the house from where the camera will be located. It doesn't have PoE but I was thinking about getting a PoE Adapter (likethis one) along with a Passive Splitter cable like this one. The camera has built in WiFi but I was thinking that if I go ahead with using PoE, I could then route the cable into a PowerLine adapter which I already own (DHP-P501AV - sadly doesn't have PoE built-in)

My question is, will this work? If so, do I need a PoE injector and splitter?

My other question is related to physically installing the camera. The camera came with 4x screws (and wall plugs) but they're only 3cm in length and I'm concerned whether they're long enough and strong enough to hold the camera (see attached image). The camera is very heavy, will these screws be enough to secure it on the wall?

Thank you.
The camera is junk and if you still can return it.
you dont need tp link adapter includes both the injector and splitter you dont want or need the passive spiltter...buy and proper name brand reliable camera with POE

FlexiPack

n3wb
Reaction score
The camera is junk and if you still can return it.
you dont need tp link adapter includes both the injector and splitter you dont want or need the passive spiltter...buy and proper name brand reliable camera with POE
Thanks for your input. Unfortunately it's outside the return window now so I'll have to hope this one is sufficient. Sorry, I can't quite follow what you mean about the POE adapter, are you saying I don't need the TP Link?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for your input. Unfortunately it's outside the return window now so I'll have to hope this one is sufficient. Sorry, I can't quite follow what you mean about the POE adapter, are you saying I don't need the TP Link?
amazon takes returns after 30 days...you just need to chat with them.
you dont need the passive splitter, the tp link kit will do it all, but you need to figure out where you are going to bury that massive splitter

FlexiPack

n3wb
Reaction score
amazon takes returns after 30 days...you just need to chat with them.
you dont need the passive splitter, the tp link kit will do it all, but you need to figure out where you are going to bury that massive splitter
Finding somewhere for the splitter shouldn't be a problem. Though if necessary, I'm guessing I could just buy the injector, keep that in the house near the power socket and use a passive splitter cable at the camera? With regards to the screws I pictured, should they be ok?

It was bought on ebay in early June, I just hadn't got around to installing it until now.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Finding somewhere for the splitter shouldn't be a problem. Though if necessary, I'm guessing I could just buy the injector, keep that in the house near the power socket and use a passive splitter cable at the camera? With regards to the screws I pictured, should they be ok?

It was bought on ebay in early June, I just hadn't got around to installing it until now.
Nope you cannot use a passive spliyee with the injector..I would use bigger screws