Can't change IP

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The nightmare continues...

After initially getting both cameras working, I discovered that they were detecting on motion (in camera) not trip wires and there was considerable lag between detection and recording. Having switched off motion and re-configured trips, I found nothing was working - no alerts whatsoever, even upon reverting. I managed to get motion working in BI instead, but then got loads of fake alerts, which wasn't really what I wanted!

So I decided to start again as it seemed irrecoverable. So I re-installed BI and reset the 1st camera (2nd was going to follow until this happened). This is where the bigger issue started.

I can't successfully initialize the camera but not change the IP. I've reset now at least 10 times with no joy,

If I initialize 1st, I get a message up to tell me password error when I try to change the IP address. This occurs even if I go into the search settings, set a search IP range of 192.168.1.108 - 192.168.1.109 and paste in the correct password (I've also tried leaving the password blank with the same result). See screenshot.

If I don't initialize 1st, then I get a message the camera isn't initialized!!

The cameras quick start seems to suggest changing the IP 1st so I'm stuck.

This is a screenshot after trying to change the password (and then clicking on the orange warning triangle).

I'm using Internet Explorer as my browser using the IE hack.

Unable to Configure - Password Error.jpg

I've tried initializing in the browser but then the config tool still doesn't work and i can't get ip access through the camera menu, and initializing in the config tool, with the result above.

Totally at an impasse as to what action to take.

Another strange thing I've noticed, config isn't reporting the firmware version for this camera.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't copy/paste as it could bring over a blank space on the end or something weird.

Type it in and if that don't work, you may need to factory reset and try again.

And use Internet Explorer, not Edge with IE compatibility or Chrome, etc.

While although the new GUI is supposed to be browser friendly, many have found that is not the case.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you tried both the default password and your set password and both didn't work?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just restating, with Config Tool:
1. Initialize the camera
2. Go to Search Setting and type in the password you just set during Initialize (I'm assuming the username is left alone as admin)
3. Select the camera's checkbox, then Modify IP
4. Type in the IP info (I'm assuming static)
5. Hit OK and it should work

Works for me every time, totally consistent.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just restating, with Config Tool:
1. Initialize the camera
2. Go to Search Setting and type in the password you just set during Initialize (I'm assuming the username is left alone as admin)
3. Select the camera's checkbox, then Modify IP
4. Type in the IP info (I'm assuming static)
5. Hit OK and it should work

Works for me every time, totally consistent.
Yes, this exactly how I did with the IPC-Color4K-T180 recently and no problem at all.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you tried actually typing in the password instead of pasting it in from what you copied from Notepad?
Thanks to those who suggested this. This solved it. Why it would object to copy and paste from Notepad I'm not sure, but then again it was said there are some nuances with the coding.

On-wards and upwards to solving the other issues.

Many thanks guys for a great forum.

Reaction score
Thanks to those who suggested this. This solved it. Why it would object to copy and paste from Notepad I'm not sure, but then again it was said there are some nuances with the coding.

On-wards and upwards to solving the other issues.

Many thanks guys for a great forum.
If you had a blank line below it in the notepad file, copying may have brought over a line-return command that wouldn't even show as a space.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
That's a good general point. However, I'm careful and in these circumstances (I have the PW in a notepad document speciallu cretaed for this purpose), it cuts and pastes fine into every other field / BI but not the Config tool of some reason so who knows. Either way, many thanks. Back to the BI onboarding forum now to try to solve the trigger / recording settings / issues.

Last edited: