Can't move IPC-E32241F-AS-M to different VLAN

Reaction score
Hello,

I am currently preparing to deploy several new cameras into an existing network

The network contains a router/firewall, one L3 switch, and one L2 switch.

All new cameras are setup with the following process:
1. Attach camera directly to router on 192.168.1.x subnet for initial configuration.
2. Change camera from static IP to DHCP - test.
3. Move camera to L2 switch with switch port set to camera VLAN.
4. Test connectivity.

This has worked perfectly with ALL cameras EXCEPT the IPC-E3241F-AS. When I move it to the new switch on correct VLAN, it doesn't appear to pick up an IP address. I'm not showing any lease reservations on my DHCP server for it nor can it be found with the Configtool. The switch shows that the camera is pulling POE power and the link is up. If I move the camera back to the router and .1 VLAN, it works again.

So far I have tried:
  • changing the switch port to one used for a working camera
  • changing the cable to one used for a working camera
  • using a POE injector
  • setting a static IP for the new VLAN
  • updating the firmware to V2.800.0000000.39.R
  • set a MAC-based DHCP reservation
  • hardware reset on the camera

I have run out of ideas. Any suggestions? Possible defective camera? Specific firmware version?

Thank you!

Webfont

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Set it to dhcp on vlan 1, and then unplug it for the length of the dhcp lease. Maybe it’s dhcp client isn’t up to spec and it was caching it’s own vlan1 IP instead of asking the dhcp if it can still us it.

Once the lease expires, it should re-ask your dhcp for a new IP (hopefully) and then get the IP from your cam vlan.

But if you set it to static and it was still not working that’s a weird behavior. If you plug your cam directly to a laptop with a poe injector and the laptop setup on the same network as the cam, can you communicate to it when it’s on the network of that cam vlan?

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, as strange as this issue is, it seems to go away when I connect the camera directly to the L3 switch. There's no good reason for that as trunking is correct as is VLAN assignment and port VLAN labeling. But for now, at least it looks like the issue is identified. I think I'll spend the evening upgrading the firmware in the switches to see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions!!!