Car image printed on the paper is being recognized

satyar

n3wb
Reaction score
I am very new to this technology. I am building a parking prototype based on LPR and license plate. Dahua ITC237 LPR Camera is capturing the license plate number from the printed paper with car image. How can I set the camera to capture license plate from the real car?
I am getting the JSON response from node-api up on listening to the alarm event. Is there any parameter tells me real car vs dummy paper printed car?

The Automation Guy

Known around here
Reaction score
How can I set the camera to capture license plate from the real car?
Start putting real cars in front of the camera instead of printed paper? /s

This is a technology that relies on visual references from a single camera image sensor that "sees" the world in two dimensions. It's not like your cell phone that requires several sensors (some very specialized too) to properly detect if a face is real or not. If something looks like a car or a plate, it is going to be recognized as a car or a plate - regardless if it is "real" or "paper". Why are there lots of paper cars in front of your camera anyway? If it's a billboard or something like that, I'm sure you can tell the system to ignore that particular plate number. If there are different fake cars passing by your camera, I really want to know the background/situation!

Odds are you are simply overthinking this "problem" and in real life usage it isn't going to be an issue. If you expect to build a system that is going to be 100% reliable in capturing all the valid plates, while also having zero false triggers, you are going to be in for a rude awakening. There simply is ZERO chance of building such a system with today's technology.

Last edited:

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I am very new to this technology. I am building a parking prototype based on LPR and license plate. Dahua ITC237 LPR Camera is capturing the license plate number from the printed paper with car image. How can I set the camera to capture license plate from the real car?
I am getting the JSON response from node-api up on listening to the alarm event. Is there any parameter tells me real car vs dummy paper printed car?
My cameras recognize umbrellas with faces printed on them as faces. Because they are faces.

As @The Automation Guy pointed out, you're overthinking this. I wouldn't be concerned about people running by your cams with paper cards with the intention to confuse your system.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
A real license plate should reflects light differently than a paper one. At least in this country. So there should be a distinct difference under illumination.

Last edited: