cheap onvif camera, tonton: onvif storage access and motion sensing

Ron C

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a few cheap/inexpensive tonton cameras to play with and they seem to be onvif compatible.

What I like to do, through onvif, with XML and some code access the SD storage and the also see if I can do some motion detection.

Is there a forum, or some examples, on how to do that with onvif?

thanks,

Ron

(here is a link of that cheap camera:
)

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are wasting your time and money.
Study the cliff notes.
Wifi cams are not reliable.
For a little more money you can purchase real IP cams that won't give you heartburn.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a few cheap/inexpensive tonton cameras to play with and they seem to be onvif compatible.

What I like to do, through onvif, with XML and some code access the SD storage and the also see if I can do some motion detection.

Is there a forum, or some examples, on how to do that with onvif?

thanks,

Ron

(here is a link of that cheap camera:
)
Hi @Ron C

I do recall seeing some discussions which are more dev centric here - though I typically have glossed over those topics. Not certain if there really is any example of exactly of what you are looking for. Still do dig and search the forum a bit.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fergenheimer

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi Ron, there's a forum that concentrates on developing an open ip camera firmware. If I recall they have the sdks for different chipsets and tutorials etc. When I was strictly linux, I spent some time there. I don't know how up to date they are but you might give them a try.