Cheap upgrade for Wifi DLink DCS 930 series x 6 cameras

sksahai

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello

I know the issues with Zmodo and Funlex cameras. I want a cheap <$300 upgrade to six DCS930s I have scattered around the home (to check if garage doors open or closed, dog behaving, kids doing homework vs xbox, etc).

I can place all near an outlet to provide power.

Need:
Wifi
NVR based
Resolution better than Dlink DCS 930s
Reachable via an app on android and iphone

Not: Blink / Arlo / cloud based

I was thinking of an NVR with wifi onvif compliant cameras (720 P will work just fine). There is a dizzying number of choices. Annke / Anran from newegg; a gazillion on ebay and amazon. Any system on ali express that you all recommend?

Despite all the issues, that 8 camera zmodo system is tempting when it drops below $200.
I'm willing to spend the time to program / isolate the system .

BTW, I have the recent Costco Lorex 8 channel 4k system being installed this weekend (need to get 4 more cameras) for real security purposes. Why not add to the Lorex, well I have 6 DLinks, plus the 4 Lorex cameras, plus 4 more that need to be purchased, so thats 14 channels, making the 8 channel Lorex DVR unusable (plus I kind of like the idea of 2 having NVRs in separate parts of the home, if bad guy steals the main one, they may not notice the 2nd one on the 720 p system for the interior).

Thanks in advance.