Connections on DS-7108NI-E1 /V/W

magier76

n3wb
Reaction score
Maybe it's a strange question but need to ask.

I have a new NVR Hikvision DS-7108NI-E1/V/W and it's also a router.

My situation is: - connection from ISP to my own Draytech router and from there to 3 switches.
No i want to place the NVR behind one of the switches and my question is must i use the WAN port ore the LAN ports on the NVR.
When i connect to the WAN port i can't see the NVR with SADP and when i connect true a LAN port i see my NVR but i can't reach it over the internet only local.
I have made the right firewal rules in my router so that can't be the problem.

epcjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Maybe it's a strange question but need to ask.

I have a new NVR Hikvision DS-7108NI-E1/V/W and it's also a router.

My situation is: - connection from ISP to my own Draytech router and from there to 3 switches.
No i want to place the NVR behind one of the switches and my question is must i use the WAN port ore the LAN ports on the NVR.
When i connect to the WAN port i can't see the NVR with SADP and when i connect true a LAN port i see my NVR but i can't reach it over the internet only local.
I have made the right firewal rules in my router so that can't be the problem.
Firewall rules don't apply within your network. As it's hard to understand your post here. You should be able to connect the single LAN port (the one by itself) to your switch and the computer should see it on SADP.

The computer will not see it on SADP if you plug the NVR to one of the group of 8 as that's it's own internal network for the cameras.