Corner Mount for DS-2CD2532F-IS

drlovety

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm trying to install my DS-2CD2532F-IS and was wondering if there was a mount that someone used for this particular area. Cabling would go thru the wall on the right. I'm looking for a bracket or junction box, any ideas?

Attachments

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
im not a pro but why would you want it there? why not mount it above out of reach of the world. sorry i just don't understand why the trouble to mount something so low and obvious when it can get a better view in a more concealed location. spend 200 bucks and get the ring door bell hard wire it in they are 1080p now to get face shots if thats your goal and then use the camera higher in conjunction with it. just my two cents maybe be wrong but it makes more sense.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
im not a pro but why would you want it there? why not mount it above out of reach of the world. sorry i just don't understand why the trouble to mount something so low and obvious when it can get a better view in a more concealed location. spend 200 bucks and get the ring door bell hard wire it in they are 1080p now to get face shots if thats your goal and then use the camera higher in conjunction with it. just my two cents maybe be wrong but it makes more sense.
Placing the camera there will avoid the need for the ring and get the shot he wants..

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm all for placing cameras nice and low. I think if you were to mount the cam to the wall on the right, in the corner, and turn your lens to pick up what you need, you should be good. I would just drill a good sized hole to fit your tail trough and mount the camera directly to the wall. Make your connection on the inside of the wall. You may need to cut drywall on the inside wall.

drlovety

n3wb
Reaction score
I want to see the folks, I don't need to see the tops of their head. Plus I want the badguy to see my camera, which hopefully will move them to the next house.

I'm all for placing cameras nice and low. I think if you were to mount the cam to the wall on the right, in the corner, and turn your lens to pick up what you need, you should be good. I would just drill a good sized hole to fit your tail trough and mount the camera directly to the wall. Make your connection on the inside of the wall. You may need to cut drywall on the inside wall.
Thanks for the reply. Your suggestion is my plan B as the lens/camera doesn't move far enough for the money shot I want. I may make a wedge out of wood or try to find a junction box that fits in the corner. I just want that perfect shot. Thanks again!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The door bell cams suck in my opinion.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
The door bell cams suck in my opinion.
agreed. You can always wire your doorbell to the NVR alarm inputs. Then set up push notifications through your phone app. I think that the first 2 or three months crooks may not have known about the Ring Doorbell, but its been advertised enough now that pretty much everyone knows what they look like.

ItechashardasIcanbro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I understand the concept, but I don't think it would be very practical/ inviting. If you are looking for a monitoring solution, have you heard of the interactive door bells that are being released?

Ring Wi-Fi Enabled Video Doorbell - - Amazon.com

Additionally with a camera that records for security purposes? (as the motion detection/record function seems to suck on these)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I dont get the point of talking to someone at your front door when your not home.. or what benefit this provides? This is a solution in search of a problem.

It could have the exact opposite effect as intended, some random person is at your front door.. knows what a nest door bell can do, can hear background noise from your phone that he dont and concludes the house is empty.. pretends to leave and waits for you to hangup then comes back and takes the door off its hinges with a single kick.

Just become nobody comes to the door dont mean nobody's home.. espically if there is a normal video camera watching the area 24/7 and dogs are barking.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont get the point of talking to someone at your front door when your not home.. or what benefit this provides? This is a solution in search of a problem.

It could have the exact opposite effect as intended, some random person is at your front door.. knows what a nest door bell can do, can hear background noise from your phone that he dont and concludes the house is empty.. pretends to leave and waits for you to hangup then comes back and takes the door off its hinges with a single kick.

Just become nobody comes to the door dont mean nobody's home.. espically if there is a normal video camera watching the area 24/7 and dogs are barking.
Cause criminals aren't that smart to begin with its easier for them just to move on to the neighbors house with a camera or ring. A pro will get into what ever they want so cameras mean nothing to them

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Cause criminals aren't that smart to begin with its easier for them just to move on to the neighbors house with a camera or ring. A pro will get into what ever they want so cameras mean nothing to them
they are dumb, I've seen videos on youtube where 3-5 guys just cover their faces and rob the place anyways, if you get good images of them you may still get something that could identify them, a logo on a jacket or a tattoo on an arm or something. The cameras should not just be there to do one thing, they should be there for multiple reasons, to record what goes on, to get good images and possibly face shots, to alert you the moment something is going on to begin with. Just because they cover their faces doesn't mean you can't still call the police and or jump in your car wherever you are and head towards the house, or call a neighbor, or someone else who lives nearby, this cuts down on the time they have to do their deed. Security is an onion, cameras, alerting, dogs, physical security, the more time consuming, risky, pain in the butt you make it, the more likely they are to move on, or not have long to do anything. I've also considered something like a very high volume sound that would physically hurt someone, preferably something that my dog can't hear if possible, then unless they have ear plugs you make it physically painful to stick around or very difficult to cover your ears with your hands and steal things. The more things you do, the better off you will be. I don't see anything wrong with putting a front door camera right there down low if you have plenty of other cameras, seeing the top of their head isn't super useful. You can also have a second camera inside of the house that is zoomed in on the other side of the door that they won't even know about.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
they are dumb, I've seen videos on youtube where 3-5 guys just cover their faces and rob the place anyways, if you get good images of them you may still get something that could identify them, a logo on a jacket or a tattoo on an arm or something. The cameras should not just be there to do one thing, they should be there for multiple reasons, to record what goes on, to get good images and possibly face shots, to alert you the moment something is going on to begin with. Just because they cover their faces doesn't mean you can't still call the police and or jump in your car wherever you are and head towards the house, or call a neighbor, or someone else who lives nearby, this cuts down on the time they have to do their deed. Security is an onion, cameras, alerting, dogs, physical security, the more time consuming, risky, pain in the butt you make it, the more likely they are to move on, or not have long to do anything. I've also considered something like a very high volume sound that would physically hurt someone, preferably something that my dog can't hear if possible, then unless they have ear plugs you make it physically painful to stick around or very difficult to cover your ears with your hands and steal things. The more things you do, the better off you will be. I don't see anything wrong with putting a front door camera right there down low if you have plenty of other cameras, seeing the top of their head isn't super useful. You can also have a second camera inside of the house that is zoomed in on the other side of the door that they won't even know about.
I didn't exactly read everything assuming your response was more geared toward the person i was responding too. But in the end of the day if someone breaks in so be it unless you live in a small little white picket fence suburban area the police aren't really going to spend time on it once they leave if they do much while they are there unless of course if a gun is stolen or its a cop/fire fighters house etc or something extremely major, otherwise its going to be reported and end up in a pile with the rest untouched reports for years. Its just property it will be replaced thats why you have renters or home owners insurance.

In my house there is only a few things that would make me go to the ends of time to find someone causing any harm to my two dogs, taking one of my motorcycles, maybe and its a big maybe if you took one of the firearms in the house even then if you manage to even get your hand on one in time which would require a great deal of time they would be completely useless since every gun I own has had their firing pin removed until needed, with exception to the one I carry everyday other then that everything is replaceable even significant others married men you'll get the pun with that statement :O)

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Henny Youngman's "Take my wife... please!" is supposed to be a joke, not advice on how to survive a burglary.

Anybody that screws with another man's wife or wheels had better expect a beatdown.

jr4net

n3wb
Reaction score
I plan to put two HDW5231R-Z in front of my house, and I need another camera to place eye level by my front door like OP suggest. What is the best camera do you recommended for this.
Would you suggest this on DS-2CD2532F-IS. I know you don,t recommend domes outdoor. But I like the clean look by the front door.