Dahua Cam/NVR/Wansview Cam

andreas_ba

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all,

first I would like to thank you for all who already helped me to find some solutions to my issues,
but I have still some problems/expectations, I can't do...

I have following equipment:
1x IPC-HDBW1320E-W
1x NVR2104-4KS2
2x Wansview W2 cams

I started with the 2 Wansview cams years ago and I wanted to try the dahua system, before I wanted to start to purchase the doorbell system VTO4202/VTH1550CH.
But until yet I am not very happy about the system.

The basic installation of the NVR and IPC was not a problem, also the 2 Wansview cams could be integrated after some forums help.

What I basically not could solve yet, is following:

(1) Movement recording of the Wansview cams at the NVR
(2) Access to any cams playback with my network w/o password
(3) Access to the recorded videos with a file explorer
(4) is there any SSH access to the NVR?
(5) Use per App

Some explanation:
to (1)
The movement recording is working on the IPC cam.
It was in the beginning also working on the Wansview W2 cam, but not anymore.
Normally I would think, the NVR can identify a movement by themselves, when it receive the picture from the cam. Is that assumption right?
I receive the picture. But the setting possibilities at the NVR on the W2 is different than the IPC.
The W2 are connected by rtsp, port 554/80 and the IPC by "private" port 37777.
Sometimes at the W2 I have "only" 1 region to choose where I can select the pattern and 1 sensitivity parameter (between 1-6)
Sometimes I have 4 regions with sensitivity from 0 to 100 and threshold from 0 to 100.
I tried any combination and it was no recording....
I think, when i read the manual correctly, threshhold 0 and sensibility 100 should record the smalles movement.

to (2)
When I access the NVR directly with HDMI, i have to enter the password for playback.
Is there a way to avoid this?

to (3)
I would also like to access the existing recording via "file explorer" e.g. from a windows system or from a tablet.
That I could make backups or safe special videos?
Is there any possibility to do this?
or is there a way with SSH? --> (4)

to (5)
Also I am not so happy abot the playback function of the ios app iDMSS Plus,
e.g. on the Playback, it always "jumps" back to the beginning of the defined time frame, i cannot choose a time at the timeline.
Is there another better app existing?

Sorry, when i have so many different questions, and maybe not all, or nearly all doesn't fit into the Dahua cam group - so please appologize!

I would be happy, if anyone could help me already on some items.
BTW, did anybody made experience with the VTO system?

Thanks in advance!

Andy