Dahua NVR Stopped sending emails

farma1979

n3wb
Reaction score
It works for me with a new Yahoo account.

SMTP Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 587
Username: myemail (without @yahoo.com)
Password: my password email
Sender: myemail@yahoo.com

Authentication: TLS
Title: Dahua alert
Mail receiver: My other email

You have to change Yahoo Security settings to allow less secure apps.

Kerry123

n3wb
Reaction score
Dahua have finally released a firmware update for NVR4XXX series NVR's that addresses this issue. Using the built in upgrade checker does not find this update, you have to download and install manually here: and select the file dated 02/08/2019.

I have just installed the firmware on my NVR4204 and Gmail now works again!

My settings as follows:
- Username: your gmail address
- Sender: your gmail address
- Encryption: TLS
- Port: 587
- SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com

krossfyah

n3wb
Reaction score
excellent news, once applying firmware do i need to reconfigure all settings on the NVR again?

krossfyah

n3wb
Reaction score
I currently have firmware ver 3.210.0000.1, when attempting to update to the latest i am getting update failed ?
Any ideas?

krossfyah

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua DH-NVR4216-16P-HDS2 purcahsed on ali express from XinRay store

Last edited:

Kerry123

n3wb
Reaction score
They (the 4xxx series) are notorious at killing USB sticks (mine has destroyed 3), so check for errors on it. Seriously, switch the nvr off before removing the usb stick is a good idea...

krossfyah

n3wb
Reaction score
They (the 4xxx series) are notorious at killing USB sticks (mine has destroyed 3), so check for errors on it. Seriously, switch the nvr off before removing the usb stick is a good idea...
i think i have a chinese iteration of the NVR 4XXX

Sent from my LYA-L0C using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I saw that Dahua provided updates to fix problems with email notification for gmail for some NVRs and XVRs. So I emailed support regarding my DH-IPC-HFW1320SP camera and got this reply,:

Hello John,
Your case number is- Case 01085385
Thank you for the response.
We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your product. Our Support team is only able to assist in Dahua product that are geared for North America. Even though your product may state Dahua it is possible that it was purchased through a third party and then sold in this market.
Unfortunately, since you have purchased the product from a third party and we cannot verify the Serial Number that you have provided, you will need to talk to the person or company that you purchased the system from for more support. You are also welcome to visit our information database at: for instructional videos, How To guides, and specifications.

Thank you contacting Dahua Technical Support.

I'm not quite sure to make of this - could be my Ebay purchase was of a knock-off, or a genuine Dahua geared for a non US market - could be that Dahua knows nothing about the gmail problem for IP cameras. Heck if I know! But, yahoo is still working for me, so I'm good. But, it would be nice to use gmail again.

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you set up firewall rules to block LAN to WAN traffic/closed all the ports?

If so, the camera/app may have lost the ability to resolve smtp.gmail.com, hence won't be able to send the emails.

For me, making a rule to allow TLS/port 587 was not enough. I also had to make a rule to allow DNS/port 53. As well, the port 53 rule had to be before the port 587 rule.
I'm not sure if you're still active here since on my end it says you're last activity was last year at March but anyways, I was wondering, would you be able to explain to me on this rule for allowing the Encryption type and port? I'm having issues with mine and I'm using Yahoo with SSL + Port 465 but I did not do any rule things.

ad24

n3wb
Reaction score
after more then a year of perfect working, again email failure...

Would something have changed with yahoo mail?

fooey

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes Yahoo needs app specific passwords now; I simply switched back to gmail (which was fixed sometime back)

ad24

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes Yahoo needs app specific passwords now; I simply switched back to gmail (which was fixed sometime back)
what is exactly app specific passwords ??
not possible to fix it in my Yahoo account?