Dahua PTZ-1A225-HNR-XA flashing and won't focus Please help

Reaction score
In that same picture from post 10 the little green bars at the bottom are motion, when they get above the threshold line they will turn red and be considered enough motion to trigger

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't have an NVR but I think it works the same way as the cams. Threshold works opposite of the way sensitivity works. It's a level that needs to be overcome. i.e., Sensitivity higher, it's more sensitive. Threshold higher, the more required to set it off. So at 5 you have it set to require the most. Likely need to back that off. If you can access the cam's web interface, there's a little graph-type box that shows the effect of your settings in real time.

Basically, the way that I understand it, sensitivity relates more to the amount of motion (and I think is largely light/contrast based). Threshold is based more on size/area for motion.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^^
This

I seem to recall reading threshold was a percentage of pixels in a square that had to be triggered.

Old fashioned MD works on a simple value in the contrast between pixels. So if a pixel is white and an object moves in front of it and turns it black, that contrast is what its looking for.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here are the two cams showing the motion record settings. The dahue 360 is set to 88 and isn't recording and the barrel cam is set to 60 and is recording. I also selected more area for the Dahua and that didn't help. I keep thinking it must be something simple but in comparing the two cam settings, they both should be recording. Are there settings somewhere else that might be off? Thanks for looking.

Attachments

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I’ve noticed over the years that some dahua cams/nvr combinations will have different defaults. Check in nvr under alarm/motion detection that it’s enabled/blue.

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just now when I went into the NVR using the browser it looked different. Here are two screen captures. My NVR is an Amcrest NV4108hs I have never seen the browser or any of these screen captures before. This looks completely different.

Attachments

Last edited:

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That’s what I said in post #19, can you screenshot that page for us @Terri Underhill ?
Here is a screen capture. But I have never seen it look like this. Maybe I wasn't in IE before. Cause the screen looked like all the ones I posted previously. So I have never seen or changed any settings in this. So I might have not been in the right place to be making setting changes that work.

Attachments

Reaction score
I did not realize until now you have an Amcrest NVR and I don’t have any experience with them but I did start with a Lorex NVR. While I believe it’s Dahua manufactured equipment and things should “work” and be “compatible” sometimes they just aren’t. In this case, only talking about motion (not any AI features) I think we should be able to get it to work. But I’m still looking for “Schedule” as circled in my previous picture

Terri Underhill

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
What does this page look like?
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. It shows nothing on any of my cameras and it shows it is recording on D7 and I don't have a D7. If you get this figured out, I want to know where it is recording to. Like I said, I have never seen this and haven't made any changes to anything.

Attachments