Dahua XVR opens Multiple Connections to IP Camera

kolbep

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All.
I have one one site a Dahua XVR4116, as well as a Hikvision NVR.
The Hikvision is needed because it works better with their POS Overlays.

We would like to keep the same footage (from cameras at the POS units) on both systems at the same time,
So that the person in charge of General Security accesses the Dahua XVR, as it includes the CVI and Analog cameras.
If they need to check the Transactions, they log into the Hikvision NVR for that.

I have installed Provision-ISR IP Cameras above the 2 tills.
The problem is that randomly the Dahua XVR looses previews from the cameras,
or it shows black for that camera, unless you make it that camera fullscreen. The Hikvision does not have these problems.

From what I have found from my experimenting, is that the Provision-ISR Cameras do not pass out more than 2 streams.
That should be fine (if each Device only takes 1 stream), but if I check on the camera logs, it shows that the Hikvision NVR has 1 connection,
but the Dahua XVR is making 2 connections (the Camera IP Address is only listed once in the Dahua).

It looks like the Hikvision is taking 1 connection / stream, and it splits that between it's Preview and Recording,
but the Dahua looks like it is using 2 connections, 1 for Recording and 1 for the Live Preview.

So, depending on what order the devices connect in, etc, it means that the cameras 2 streams/connections are in use, and it will not allow the Dahua to connect for the preview (even though it still records).

Is there some way we can tell the Dahua XVR to only make 1 connection to the camera, and split it like the Hikvision does?
The other way would be to put 2 IP Cameras above each POS (1 for the Dahua and 1 for the HIK), but there must be a better way.

Thanks
Peter

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
How is the Live stream being accessed? Directly from the XVR via HDMI Out?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
No probably not. Just wanted to be sure it wasnt through another device.