Difference between NVR 5216 and 5216i

Bara1980

n3wb
Reaction score
There is any difference between dahua NVR 5216 and 5216i model except the price?

ArnonZ

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The I extensions support AI features. They can the 52XX may support up to 4 channels of facial recognition OR 16 channels, if you're using FD (face detection) camera AND choose to process the FD by the camera.

I have the 5216-16P-I [the 16P means 16 ports of POE, 8P means 8 POE ports and the 5216-I needs a separate POE switch]
I'm waiting for some FW updates since there are still some major bugs to fix there.
Mind, that the FR (face recognition) cannot (yet????) be combined with with IVS features.
If just like me, you want to check for HUMAN crossing a line (entering) and to enjoy the extra feature of FR in order to exclude the events that contains known and recognized people, you cannot.
The FR can work simultaneously with IVS and even SMD (not sure what but it's currently working for me only in one of the three IPC I connected for testing). Anyway, those three features are working as standalone and could not be combined together. that's a big bummer.
FR alone is nice but useless: when it works it's nice but it would not identify a known person many times. Also, it may detect a person crossing the line of sight few times - one time using a bad picture as a stranger and others it would identify him.
I could expect the systems to track the person and detect once using the best image or at least wait few seconds if that person decides to stay in the frame. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.
Again, the FR alone is not reliable enough and therefore it's not good enough as a standalone. It could be useful if it could be combined with another event triggered and could be used to filter some of the triggered events if intrusion/line crossing etc.

hope it helps and hope for some FW updates with some better news.