Doubts about Decoding Capability NVR - 1ch@8 MP 4ch@1080p

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
Bought a NVR HIKVISION DS-7616NI-Q2 (16 ports) ***My cameras haven't arrived yet***
in description says Decoding: 1-ch @ 8 MP / 4-ch @ 1080p

1) Does this mean that on the Live View screen I can only see 1 camera in 4k and 4 cameras in 1080p? If you add another 4k camera it will not appear on the Live View screen
2) Is this correct as I understood this specification?
3) To record the device can record 8 cameras in 4k normally on the hard disk at the same time?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
In fact my question is if I can buy more 4k cameras to put in the system, can see them running simultaneously through the NVR Live View or if they will remain offline showing no image, so far I have
2x cam 8mp
2x cam 4mp
1x cam 5mp

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
Not enough information. Please read and understand my previous post.
Use the calculators.
as I understand the equipment has 80Mbps output, so I must use the calculator to measure how much each camera uses bandwidth of these available 80Mbits and see how many of them I can use at the same time

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
I would be more concern about recording you cameras.
Where the NVR will be, there will be a 4K TV always on and displaying the images, so my concern is to display the highest quality images that all cameras can generate. I would like to thank you in advance for the information you gave me

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI - the priority of NVRs is to record and then with what processing power is available it can be used to display.

imho you should be getting a better NVR than the minimum specs you think is needed.

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
FYI - the priority of NVRs is to record and then with what processing power is available it can be used to display.

imho you should be getting a better NVR than the minimum specs you think is needed.
My biggest question I still can't check is if I can display these 5 cameras at their native resolutions on LIVE VIEW using the NVR DS-7616NI Q2 16ports? If not I will have to reduce the resolution of some of them correct?

2x 4mp IPC-T2347G-LU
1x 8mp IPC-HDW5831R-ZE
1x 8mp DS-2CD2385G1-I
1x 5mp SONY IMX335 PTZ

Reaction score
If you want to display all at same time yes....but hikvision should still have autoswitch....best quality would be every camera on fullscreen. Set it to single view and auto switch. It will then display one camera at a time...with your preset delay...

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
If you want to display all at same time yes....but hikvision should still have autoswitch....best quality would be every camera on fullscreen. Set it to single view and auto switch. It will then display one camera at a time...with your preset delay...
Sorry for my bad english, so there is a possibility to connect for example 3x cams 8mp + 3x cams 4mp + 1x cam 5mp and then view the image of 1 camera with all the quality it can offer if viewed in full screen, which is not enough. to do is to view in maximum quality with all at the same time appearing on the same screen, is this or got it wrong?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A 4K screen can support one 4K camera at 4K. If displaying multiple cameras on a 4K screen at the same time the camera resolution is reduced.

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
A 4K screen can support one 4K camera at 4K. If displaying multiple cameras on a 4K screen at the same time the camera resolution is reduced.
Oh ok, I was wondering if I should limit the number of 4k cameras I would like to buy. But for your explanation I can buy multiple 4k cameras, when displaying multiple 4k cameras they will be for example: 1080p or 720p when showing only 1 full screen camera will appear in 4k

roger561

n3wb
Reaction score
I will buy 3 more cameras now on 11/11 that we will have promotions on Aliexpress, I will look for 3 other 4k cameras to put on my 7616ni q2 hikvision will be a total of 5 4k cameras on my system