DS-2CD2032-I Firmware issue

naviathan

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought one of the above cameras from Amazon. Decided to install the latest firmware to see if I get 720x480 resolution for web streaming from it. Went to HIKVision support site and downloaded the necessary firmware and now the camera won't boot. Turns out the seller I bought the camera from is selling Chinese market cameras with hacked firmware to make it look like US market. I've tried the TFTP server recovery method with no luck. The camera never contacts the server (server address 192.0.0.128).

First question is obvious, does anyone know a back door to get this running again.

Second, how can I get the resolution I want from this camera if I can't update the firmware?

naviathan

n3wb
Reaction score
If I cup my hands around it I can see the IR LEDs and my switch is showing activity, but nothing else really.

naviathan

n3wb
Reaction score
I've processed the return through Amazon, so I should be getting a replacement soon I hope. Any thoughts on getting the resolution I want out of it?

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First you have to setup the Hikvision's tftp and make sure it runs. by connecting via a switch or router, making sure the firewall is off or not blocking the tftp it's also good to turn off the wifi connection.

From the sounds of what you have done is try to change the firmware of a 5.3.0 camera and failed, causing the system to go into min-system.
getting the tftp to run and using the 5.3.0 downgrader should resolve this for you.

Something to remember if the camera is for sale at a nice cheap price, It's a Chinese model hacked to English.

naviathan

n3wb
Reaction score
First you have to setup the Hikvision's tftp and make sure it runs. by connecting via a switch or router, making sure the firewall is off or not blocking the tftp it's also good to turn off the wifi connection.

From the sounds of what you have done is try to change the firmware of a 5.3.0 camera and failed, causing the system to go into min-system.
getting the tftp to run and using the 5.3.0 downgrader should resolve this for you.

Something to remember if the camera is for sale at a nice cheap price, It's a Chinese model hacked to English.

I ran the 5.3.0 downgrader and it actually worked as far as the camera picking up the TFTP server and installing the firmware. Unfortunately it's still not responding and doesn't come up in SADP.