DS-2CD2035-I compatible NVRs

haku

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am looking to purchase 6 bullet cams. It seems the newest version if the DS-2CD2035-I. There wasn't much info on this forum regarding this particular model, should I just go with the tried and true DS-2CD2032 cams then?

Also I am needing a NVR with POE capabilities and 8 channels.

I have narrowed it down to the Hikvision DS-7808N-E2 / 8P. Is the DS-2CD2035-I compatible with this particular NVR? Or will I need the newer NVR model? I realize the N version may not be firmware upgradeable without reverting back to Chinese language, so i don't think I'll be updating it anytime soon.

[h=3]thanks for reading[/h]

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Those are effectively the same camera model. The body is different, the firmware is slightly different, but they're both 3MP bullet cameras of the same caliber.

When it comes to recorders I highly recommend purchasing the US version. It's perfectly fine to let your camera firmware rot because generally you aren't going to dial into the cameras directly, but because you'll be interfacing with the NVR on a regular basis, I would recommend paying a bit more for the NI version.

The only recorder model that is newer are the I series models which support 4K. Not worth the expense For what you're looking to accomplish. Otherwise, that hardware pairing will work, so long as the Chinese regioned cameras are patched out of the box (described as "multi language" by the seller) just about every one is now so that's not a huge issue anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

unclemat

n3wb
Reaction score
What NVR would you recommend?

Needs: Up to 16 4MP (LTS/Hikvision) cameras. No POE needed (will use separate switch). Alarm inputs would be nice.

CoreyX64

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Either a DS-7716NI-E4/A or a DS-7616NI-E2/A. The former has 4 HDDs and is 1.5U tall while the latter is a 1U recorder much like the 8 channel recorders. The /A is indicative of the lack of a PoE switch and lack of a built in power supply (it's external). All of your cameras run over the main network NIC with these kinds of recorders and are powered separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CodeGreen

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Either a DS-7716NI-E4/A or a DS-7616NI-E2/A. The former has 4 HDDs and is 1.5U tall while the latter is a 1U recorder much like the 8 channel recorders. The /A is indicative of the lack of a PoE switch and lack of a built in power supply (it's external). All of your cameras run over the main network NIC with these kinds of recorders and are powered separately.
Actually the /A is for Alarm

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The difference in price for DS-2CD2035-I and DS-2CD2032-I is negligible. I'd get the DS-2CD2032-I and an NI NVR. Two years ago I wouldn't have but times have changed.